Much Better!

Harder to get on the "inner" side. Worked better (my opinion) on the screw side.. YMMV :)

Just installed the bracket. Is there a trick to get the one washer in there? There seems to be no room to fit the tablet holder on the arm with even one washer, it's way too tight. But I see that when you raise/lower the holder the screw spins as well...

EDIT: Or does the washer go right behind the screw? I would think not but thought I'd ask...

Same here there is no room for the 2 washers. No instructions were included with the bracket. I need to be able to fold down for storage in the case.

Sent from my SM-N910V using PhantomPilots mobile app

They have deprecated the washers. They are not required any longer.

I contacted them about that exact subject right after I got mine thinking they forgot a CNC step. they have altered the design. I presume the packages with the screws/washers were purchased and they have a box of them. Not worth opening the packages to remove the washers. But I think a printed note about it would have been nice.

Guessing it's cheaper to leave it flush vs. carving out those small circles. :) Regardless, the one washer on the side seems to solve any issues with folding it down and still leaves it rock solid. Without the washer, and once that screw was tightened, it was near impossible to fold down the holder. Guess if you want it locked in position it's a way to go??

Simply don't tighten the screw down like you are torqing the heads on your vette. I tightened the screw until the tablet remained firmly in place but I can fold it to put it in the nanuk case. No washers needed. Its about finesse rather than brute force torque.

Reactions: Big Bob
Simply don't tighten the screw down like you are torqing the heads on your vette. I tightened the screw until the tablet remained firmly in place but I can fold it to put it in the nanuk case. No washers needed. Its about finesse rather than brute force torque.

Well that was a question for me... I noticed when I folded it up to put it in my backpack the screw turned with the tablet holder when I pulled it down, wasn't sure if that will loosen over time. Should I have to carry a flathead screwdriver with me now?

I have had mine for about a month now. Never had to tighten it since I adjusted it the first night. Flown dozens of times since and many times got folded and stowed. Never an issue. The screw doesn't seem to be moving at all since both sides are in contact with the device holder and its simply an axle as far as the bracket goes.

Just installed the bracket. Is there a trick to get the one washer in there? There seems to be no room to fit the tablet holder on the arm with even one washer, it's way too tight. But I see that when you raise/lower the holder the screw spins as well...

EDIT: Or does the washer go right behind the screw? I would think not but thought I'd ask...

Sorry.. under the outer screw, not between middle.. I suppose you could do it the way Wolfiesden did his, but I prefer the washer in there... Whatever works best for you.. I felt I could get it a little tighter with the washer there rather than just leaving the screw a little loose.

Last edited:
I ordered one of these last week expecting it in a couple days.
I can not seem to understand the design change you guys are talking about. Could someone please post a pic pointing out the change ? Thanks

They used to have small recesses on the top of the aluminum arm for two nylon washers to fit into. Those washers provided a buffer between the metal arm and the plastic DJI device holder.

Since then, they stopped milling the recesses and now have a smooth aluminum surface for the device holder to bear against. Thus, the washers are not needed.

I suspect they have cases of the screw/washer packs on hand and instead of re-packaging them, they just throw the old pack in and let you have the washers even though you don't need them.

OEM0MTA5NDQ0Mjg3MjA5QkY3N0Q6OWRiZGY4ZjNiY2Q1YzNmOGI2NTY0ZWQ2YjRmNmM4Y2I6Ojo6OjA=

See the recess in the top of the arm? That is not there now, its just flat.

They used to have small recesses on the top of the aluminum arm for two nylon washers to fit into. Those washers provided a buffer between the metal arm and the plastic DJI device holder.

Since then, they stopped milling the recesses and now have a smooth aluminum surface for the device holder to bear against. Thus, the washers are not needed.

I suspect they have cases of the screw/washer packs on hand and instead of re-packaging them, they just throw the old pack in and let you have the washers even though you don't need them.

OEM0MTA5NDQ0Mjg3MjA5QkY3N0Q6OWRiZGY4ZjNiY2Q1YzNmOGI2NTY0ZWQ2YjRmNmM4Y2I6Ojo6OjA=

See the recess in the top of the arm? That is not there now, its just flat.
I see it now. It just clicked. Thanks for the explanation. I don't think this will be a problem

I see it now. It just clicked. Thanks for the explanation. I don't think this will be a problem

Again, I put one of the washers under the screw head and that allowed me to get the screw nice and tight and still allowed it to fold down. Someone else just left the screw a little loose. If you tighten it fully, the bracket will not fold down.

It isn't a problem for me. I am perfectly happy with the current design. I threw the washers in my bin of spare parts for other projects.

I had the same question about the bracket when I contacted faadronedecals they explained.
That some customers didn't like the washers and taught its was too loose with the washers(too much slippage)
So they eliminated them and went for metal on metal contact.

I never fold mine screen down so for me I like it solid.
If you want to fold it down then install one washer and you get enough slippage with it still being a solid hold.

This wider foot bracket beats the heck out of the simpler one I ordered on amazon!

I had the same question about the bracket when I contacted faadronedecals they explained.
That some customers didn't like the washers and taught its was too loose with the washers(too much slippage)

If you want to fold it down then install one washer and you get enough slippage with it still being a solid hold.

This wider foot bracket beats the heck out of the simpler one I ordered on amazon!

It's nice to have choices! :) Bottom line, locked in place or foldable holder, it's stable as a rock!!

Another example of "You can't please all the people all the time". But you can irritate all of them.

I don't get why they don't simply put a note in the **** bag. They should update their videos but, good grief, how much effort does it take to print a sheet full of notes and put one in the bags when people order them. A little note would have alleviated all the aggravation, emails and phone calls by me, you and everyone else confused by the washers (and the lack of place to put them).

Another example of "You can't please all the people all the time". But you can irritate all of them.

I don't get why they don't simply put a note in the **** bag. They should update their videos but, good grief, how much effort does it take to print a sheet full of notes and put one in the bags when people order them. A little note would have alleviated all the aggravation, emails and phone calls by me, you and everyone else confused by the washers (and the lack of place to put them).

Because we're talking a Chinese import here. I don't fault FAA Decals.. he just distributes what he gets and can give feedback, but other than that as long as people buy it and we do all the leg work for them, why should they add any expense.. :-( I'd pay more if I knew it was being made in the U.S. perhaps by folks trying to get a job and learning a new skill like CNC machining, etc. Still keep the costs down, but give some folks an opportunity to learn a new skill and make some money.

Here you go:
Stability Bracket for DJI Controllers

A bit pricier than the metal ones on eBay and Amazon but I liked the wide base design of these and read some reviews and decided to go with it. Been reading more and more about the stock bracket failing and iPads being destroyed. Seemed like a good investment.

Also fits back in my hard case with no additional modification needed. Seems to have the same footprint when on its side, as the stock bracket

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for the link. I just ordered one.

I use an Air2 pad and on the DJI it rocks all over the place!

Mine arrived today. 3 days not including the weekend [emoji106]. It came w the washers but as was mentioned above. A mi ute or two adjusting the tension of the screw and it holds my iPad mini or K1 rock solid yet still folds. I cycled it up and down about 30x's with no change seen.
LOVE this bracket!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Update I just saw www.faadronedecals.com is selling those great stability brackets
for 50% off with free shipping on Black friday...check it out!

Funny how the new P4 Pro has a wide foot for bigger screens just like the stability bracket from faadrone decals

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr