moving to NY

Droneted

Phantom 4 gimbal repair advice
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
At my wife's request we are moving to Canandaigua New York in a couple of weeks. NY has made it know that they don't want me. I will be a thorn in their side. I will also be cold most of the time. Going to miss Florida and my pet alligator. After I leave, could someone stop by and feed him. He likes small dogs

• Sad
Reactions: Capt KO
At my wife's request we are moving to Canandaigua New York in a couple of weeks. NY has made it know that they don't want me. I will be a thorn in their side. I will also be cold most of the time. Going to miss Florida and my pet alligator. After I leave, could someone stop by and feed him. He likes small dogs
The critical question is why? I just left NY and moved to FL. There is not a reason I can think of that would compel me to move back. The state is out of control with high taxes and oppressive regulations.

Haha. The happiest day of my life was seeing New York recede in the rear view mirror as I packed my belongings and moved to New Hampshire.

NH's motto is "Live Free or Die", and NY calls itself "The Empire State". That pretty much explains everything.

Sorry to hear you are leaving central Florida. While NY is nice during the summer much as Michigan usually is, it can be brutal during the winter months. That is why I spend my winters in central Florida.

So sad. Gonna miss ya down here. I’d be afraid of losing my “save our homes” tax break. If I sold the house I’ve owned for 50 yrs, the new owners would pay $4K yr more in taxes than I do now. Guess I’ve grown deep roots.
Best of luck. Appreciate all your advice and help when I needed it.

I am sure I will get use to it. Never get use to the high taxes. I will have to raise my rates so I can help support the welfare people.

My thoughts: NY is a beautiful state. I don't mind snow. I get snowed in a lot on the mountain top I live on. I don't care and I think snow is beautiful. That's all I can say for NY.

My thoughts on Fl. It might not be a fair comparison, because I lived there. love salt water fishing. The fresh water fish taste nasty. You have to carry a hand gun if you want to go in the Ocala forest, because of the vagrant street people. You need to learn a second language to live there because some people refuse to speak English. Too many roaches, fire ants, mosquitoes, hurricanes, tornados, home invasions, regulations, insane drivers and killer nematodes. If you don't have dogs to feed the gators, they also like marshmallows.

Is your wife happy? That can make up for a lot of other stuff.

Mine wishes we were in Florida all the time, but it is too darn hot in the summer for me. Plus golf is too expensive there.

Reactions: WV. Rootman
Is your wife happy? That can make up for a lot of other stuff.

Mine wishes we were in Florida all the time, but it is too darn hot in the summer for me. Plus golf is too expensive there.
My father in law got a job with the golf course so he could play for free. He lost many jobs, because he was better than the course pro. Lol.

Put some plastic pink flamingos in the lawn. She will feel better. Or remind her of all the hurricanes she will miss. Lol.

Congrats on the 51 years ! ! Hope you enjoy NY. They make all types of snow shovels and snow blowers for your enjoyment up there. All kidding aside, hope you guys have a great time in NY.......and again, congrats on 51 years together. 👍👍

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.