How To Delete Flight Logs

Reaction score
How can I delete the flight logs from my drone before I send it in to DJI?

A couple weeks ago my drone lost it's video feed while flying. While bringing the drone back to me by line of sight, the drone made contact with a pole. The drone managed to recover and did not fall to the ground so it only sustained one or two small scuffs on the body and some destroyed props.

I'm afraid if I send the drone in as is with the logs on it, they will want to point the finger back at me and not honor their warranty by saying I caused the video feed issue when I clipped the pole.

Reactions: chrismatthewssr
1512343852320512100729.jpg
How can I delete the flight logs from my drone before I send it in to DJI?

A couple weeks ago my drone lost it's video feed while flying. While bringing the drone back to me by line of sight, the drone made contact with a pole. The drone managed to recover and did not fall to the ground so it only sustained one or two small scuffs on the body and some destroyed props.

I'm afraid if I send the drone in as is with the logs on it, they will want to point the finger back at me and not honor their warranty by saying I caused the video feed issue when I clipped the pole.
HI under flight records press setting logo at top and clear cache for flight records come up

Whilst you can certainly delete the flight in question in the app, DJI won't see it anyway unless you sync to their server. As for the onboard .dat file on the drone, I don't think you can do that.
If the damage was only minor, and it flies ok, maybe you can upload your flight here using the link below to figure out what happened with your video feed prior to sending it in.
DJI Flight Log Viewer

While bringing the drone back to me by line of sight, the drone made contact with a pole.
This statement could be very detrimental in your efforts. Obviously pilot error, at least as far as DJI will go.

your quad lost video feed, is it still losing video feed or was the loss caused by something near to where you were flying, or did you fly out of LOS and the signal got blocked, im not sure what your asking, if the video feed is gone then yes you need to send it to DJI, the logs will show that the video feed failed, you need not mention the scuffs as most quads get involved in some kind of damage situation.

your quad lost video feed, is it still losing video feed or was the loss caused by something near to where you were flying, or did you fly out of LOS and the signal got blocked, im not sure what your asking, if the video feed is gone then yes you need to send it to DJI, the logs will show that the video feed failed, you need not mention the scuffs as most quads get involved in some kind of damage situation.

It didn't say it lost it's video feed but I got a black screen. Even when getting closer to the drone with 100% video signal it was still a black screen.

It didn't say it lost it's video feed but I got a black screen. Even when getting closer to the drone with 100% video signal it was still a black screen.

Ive had similar issues with the screen going black but still having full strength on the signal, its an interference issue, either from another quad flyer or something in the area

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl