Moving the H3-3d forward on p2

Reaction score
I've been looking at my p2 and wondering if it would be possible to move the h3-3d forward about 3 or 4 cm. Seems like a plate could be made that matched the wholes on the quad and another set of holes on the gimbal only moved forward a bit. As far as I know, the quad will compensate for the shift in center of gravity, considering that if flys fine with or without the forward bias of the gimbal. Has anyone tried this? I guess I'd have to use an 16th " aluminum (or carbon fiber) plate.

Is there already a device that does this?

BTW, the reason i consider this is to get the props out of the video when moving farward. and also the landing gear when looking down on a windy day.

I have found that setting the "vertical limit" to -15 ish, makes a lot of difference to this problem. This basically means the end stop for looking forward is tilted down 15 degress.

Or simply change the lens to a 5.4mm f/2.5 10mp and have no fisheye, props or landing gear in your video. New lens makes far more sense than moving the gimbal.

Hughie: I tried that, but the stuff I like to shoot is greatly enhanced by lots of sky and clouds.

Jason: the two things that concern me about that approach are price and the fact that going back and forth between the two lenses seems a bit drastic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hughie: I tried that, but the stuff I like to shoot is greatly enhanced by lots of sky and clouds.

Jason: the two things that concern me about that approach are price and the fact that going back and forth between the two lenses seems a bit drastic.

As for myself I have no intentions of switching lens back and forth. The cost was $140 and you do it. There are also videos online to show you how disassemble the camera.

Why would you even think of switching the lens? Did you look at the video I posted in your mail?

Use medium FOV on the GoPro. No props. No legs. All goodness.

Jason, I did look at the video and for a lot of the stuff I do it would be great, but other times, I really want the fish eye to be able to spot differences in a wide patch of terrain. I could get another camera, but can't really afford it.

As for myself I have no intentions of switching lens back and forth. The cost was $140 and you do it. There are also videos online to show you how disassemble the camera.

Why would you even think of switching the lens? Did you look at the video I posted in your mail?

where did you get a change of lens for $140?
for the hero4?

My P2 has its gimbal mount moved forward in exactly the way you describe. I made up an aluminium plate with the holes cut out to allow it to be move forward and then used the top surface as a mount for the tracker.

It has not affected jello or flight characteristics one bit. The quad is still entirely stable and flies correctly.

It has also allowed me to fit rod type landing gear to the motor mounts, so that tipping over is highly unlikely and the overall height has been raised to allow landing on virtually any surface, including soft mud without the gimbal touching the ground.

Wow, that sounds like exactly what I wanted to do. Can you possibly snap a pic of you setup and post it (or if your shy, send it in a personal message)?

This was before I fitted the rod type gear.
120htvm.jpg

I will find a pic with the rods fitted at some point!

www.peauproductions.com It's 5.4mm f/2.5 10mp lens
Just a warning to anyone in the UK ordering this from Peau Productions. I paid $25/£18 for shipping (which took about a week, and which I thought was a bit steep considering the weight and size of the item). Once it arrived in the UK I got a card from my Royal Mail Sorting Office stating that they were holding it for ransom of another $40/£30 for customs duty.

Fair play to Peau they do warn of this in their small print, but even so, I do feel like I have been mugged :(

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic