Moving onto a P3 from a P2 really gives you a perspective on all the assistive tech on the 3.

Reaction score
I started my run with a used phantom 2 with a zen muse gimbal but no camera and a bad esc board.

I first gathered the courage to open her up and replaced both the motor and the esc board in the affected wing.

I flew with only the data from the OSD on my monitor for a long time.

I knew how to calibrate the compass and to wait for gps and whatnot but it still took me a while to get comfortable flying.

Finally got decent at flying and picked up a GoPro 4 and finally got the fpv going. This was another huge improvement. Got more comfortable with flying out of LoS and with the fail safe features.

Anyways long story short, with the price drop on the P3, I decided to pick one up.

I cannot believe all the features even just the standard version has to help. For one I didn't realize how much interference there was near my house. I finally got to see what my limits and risks were.

Even the fail safes are better. Crazy. It feels like flying with training wheels. I have to remind myself not to get comfortable and complacent.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Ron Arnson

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20