MOVERIO BT-300, MOVERIO BT-35E or a 30C.

Reaction score
Well I spent a long time trying to find out which is better for drone usage.
MOVERIO BT-300
MOVERIO BT-35E
And now there is a 30C

I cannot find a comparison anywhere that demonstrates which is the better unit.
I know the 300 are amazing except in bright sunshine, because I have used them for three years and when bits are not broken and you can block out the light are simply amazing.
I recall someone saying that with the 35E you have to keep looking down to your device and then back up again to the glasses, that is as a touch pad for navigation and to view data as you see on the GoApp.
I can find no reference to the 30C unit with drone usage. They are the least expensive of all three and the latest and simplest, you will need a device. Robust.

The 300 are now quite outdated (2017) and slow, it's an android device that is a touch pad, so there is only one head movement, looking at the DJI Go app in front of your eyes and a slight eye movement up to see the drone above the eye line of the glasses.
Although the onboard chip is old and slow if you do not clutter it up with other apps works very well. The least robust of all three, so parts break more than the other two.
Expensive, but I think worth it.
The 35E projects an image on your glasses from the output of your android or apple device. Which is why you need to look down at the device then up again to the glasses, I presume.
These are industrial strength and would last a long time and fit better on your head. They will also let you use the power of your device. More expensive than the 300s.
So, I am going for the devil I know, and getting the BT 300 Rochester Combo edition with their shades which you absolutely have to have, believe me. The Solitaire unit that blocks out a lot of light for very bright days. A good mount, a better strap/mechanism to keep the glasses from sliding off or moving.

I hope this helps others on deciding what to purchase, or not.

Rochester Epson Moverio BT-300 FPV-VR Combo not cheap at $1,200AU They do not work with the Mavic Mini but do for all other DJI drones and some other drone manufacturers. I am not sure if the 35E or the 30C work with the MM but I suspect they do.
If you have any more information or opinions please do, comment.

Reactions: Harleydude
I have the BT-35E, and love them! They come with a tinted shield that works very well at blocking out light on the brightest of days.
I have them tied to my Nvidia Shield HDMI out port, and they work fabulously. (I use the HDMI out adapter on my controller if I have a "passenger" that wants to see the flight as it happens. I just attach either my Avegant Glyphs, or my Skyview goggles.)
I turned on the pointer tracking on the tablet, so I would not have to take my eyes off the OSD in the glasses while making changes.
The picture quality I get is FAR superior to any of the other options that I have tried for FPV with my Phantoms.

I have the BT-35E, and love them! They come with a tinted shield that works very well at blocking out light on the brightest of days.
I have them tied to my Nvidia Shield HDMI out port, and they work fabulously. (I use the HDMI out adapter on my controller if I have a "passenger" that wants to see the flight as it happens. I just attach either my Avegant Glyphs, or my Skyview goggles.)
I turned on the pointer tracking on the tablet, so I would not have to take my eyes off the OSD in the glasses while making changes.
The picture quality I get is FAR superior to any of the other options that I have tried for FPV with my Phantoms.
For $899, the current price for the BT-35E, I could take a nice vacation and still have money left over!

Oh your so cheap. With money left over! Lol
Understanding how to use YOUR and YOU'RE:

Your is the second person possessive adjective, used to describe something as belonging to you. Your is always followed by a noun or gerund.

You’re is the contraction of "you are" and is often followed by the present participle (verb form ending in -ing).

There is one rule that will help you make the right choice:

If you can replace the word with "you are," you should select "you’re". Otherwise, you should only choose "your".

Examples of how to use YOUR:

What is your friend's name?

Is this your book?

Your pen is on the desk.

Here is your bag.

What happened to your hair?!

Examples of how to use YOU'RE:

You’re going to be late for English class!

Is that what you’re wearing to the office party?!

I think you’re lying about going home early last night.

If you’re ready, we can go into town.

I can’t believe you’re a footballer when you play like that!

Hope this helps everyone!

Besides the grammar/spelling lessons, I never said that I paid full price for them, did I?

You're grammatically correct, LarBear360. But languages are live, they grow and change, sometimes rapidly. All languages are in a continual state of change from simple "new words" to compex restructuring of syntax. The rules of the verb to be is frequently broken. "There's cars over there." Is breaking the verb to be rule, where it uses the singular for many. So grammatically it should have been. "There are cars over there." We break grammar rules all the time because that is how language works it changes as does every aspect of our lives. When we teach English languages as a mother tongue or as a second language we teach not just formal English but informal language, the daily language of the street.
Otherwise we would be teaching people who speak as if they were a book. "He talks so strange, like out of a book, I sometimes don't understand him." Formal language was, and perhaps still is used as a class issue.
The most important thing is not the correct grammar, but meaning. It is more important to be understood, to understand, than to be grammatically correct.
But there are situations where for example those going into professional careers, or entering university, that it is very important to teach formal language.
So your fine to use your language based upon where you are from, etc, VW. Informal language is fine in this environment, everyone understood what was meant.

So, RonsPlc, you don't have to look up and down with the BT-35E?
I wish I could hear from someone who have both or at least have used both.
The 35E are definitely more rugged. My 300s are in an absolute mess. with tape and elastic bands holding the glasses together.

So, RonsPlc, you don't have to look up and down with the BT-35E?
I wish I could hear from someone who have both or at least have used both.
The 35E are definitely more rugged. My 300s are in an absolute mess. with tape and elastic bands holding the glasses together.
I still find myself doing that a lot, but I was so used to doing it with the Glyphs that it has become a habit I guess.
I have not been using the 35Es for long at this point, but will report back later on my progress with them.

Thank you very much. It is that movement of looking up and down that I wanted to avoid by the time I look back up I don't know where the drone is. Often when people are beside me they tell me where it is because their eyes have not left the drones position.
It is probably a lot to do with my age. I Also have to have a lume cube attached so I can quickly find in the sky even with the B T 300.
Another disadvantage of the 300s Is that it can't be used with the Mavic Mini. I am presuming the 35E can be used with the Marvic Mini.

Understanding how to use YOUR and YOU'RE:

Your is the second person possessive adjective, used to describe something as belonging to you. Your is always followed by a noun or gerund.

You’re is the contraction of "you are" and is often followed by the present participle (verb form ending in -ing).

There is one rule that will help you make the right choice:

If you can replace the word with "you are," you should select "you’re". Otherwise, you should only choose "your".

Examples of how to use YOUR:

What is your friend's name?

Is this your book?

Your pen is on the desk.

Here is your bag.

What happened to your hair?!

Examples of how to use YOU'RE:

You’re going to be late for English class!

Is that what you’re wearing to the office party?!

I think you’re lying about going home early last night.

If you’re ready, we can go into town.

I can’t believe you’re a footballer when you play like that!

Hope this helps everyone!
Ha your going to have to stay out of Google's dictionary,,what about yore ,this was used in the past aswell ;)..lol I need schooling ,,stay safe and well

I must have hit a nerve, to get such a lecture. Lol
I well know the difference. That’s why newspapers have editors and I’m sure the journalists are much better at writing than I am.
In forth grade I got straight “A’s” except for spelling. I got straight “D’s”. Grammar is not my specialty. My father’s family emigrated here and my dad had trouble learning English. He worked for NASA and talked like a gangster. Some of that ran off on me. My wife does her best to keep me straight. Now, she has help from you.

It did hit a nerve with me my point is that you should say what you want to say and not worry about grammar it's not important what is important is everybody has a voice no matter their grammar accuracy. Even if they are not native speakers and make multiple grammar mistakes, It does not matter, say what you want to say and don't worry about it.

I did not consult any dictionary in my previous contribution why should I? I studied and taught social linguistics, English grammar and ITC for 35 years. Nobody needs schooling in grammar to contribute its not important, the only important thing is that people understand what you want to say. In another forum about travel non native English speakers make hundreds of mistakes but yet we should never criticise them even if it takes a long time to decipher. It's far more important to be polite gracious and accepting than be brilliant at grammar.

Sorry John was not referring to your post ,,it was @LarBear360 . Didn't mean no harm to either but his post was like the same as goggle search gave me so he ain't any better,,,! I dont ,know where" and things . Go either,lol,-""*(who cares how ,it looks or readS z)?we know what we mean,,..!? Gezz some,must hav trouble understanding my posts ÷I got no idea what I talk about it just comes out,,? !
Your or you're or yore or yous post was,just fine lol

Sorry John was not referring to your post ,,it was @LarBear360 . Didn't mean no harm to either but his post was like the same as goggle search gave me so he ain't any better,,,! I dont ,know where" and things . Go either,lol,-""*(who cares how ,it looks or readS z)?we know what we mean,,..!? Gezz some,must hav trouble understanding my posts ÷I got no idea what I talk about it just comes out,,? !
Your or you're or yore or yous post was,just fine lol
I except you for you. The heart is the important thing. We all do things wrong. We should encourage and help each other. Life is hard enough. Sometimes we say things that we think is funny and it hurts someone else. I hate when I do that. Let's get on with life. I would love to spend a day with everyone on this forum and get to know everyone better. I like our diversity.

I pulled the trigger on the bt35e and let me say I am not disappointed in spending the money my wife thought I was crazy for spending that much money till she put them on with her mavic pro 2 and took a flight needless to say 3 batterys later I didn't get to use them that day lol. Iv used fat sharks DIY goggles DJI white fpv goggles and these things are way beyond them top notch but the best part is if I hear a noise around me I can look to see what it is with the drone still there not lifting goggles up.Hope this helps you alittle more on your decision.

It was a close call for me rattydude77, but what made me order the 300 is that many have reported that they have to look down at the device they use then back up to the glasses.
With the 300s you never have to look down, only what the drone is seeing through the Go app and a few millimeters over the top of the glasses to see the drone itself. My old 300 just keep falling apart after hundreds of hours of use. So looking forward to them arriving, with a nose bridge so I can use my glasses, the Solitaire goggles for the bright sunlight.
Will do a vid of them when they arrive.
Thanks for your sharing your thoughts rattydude77.

I have the BT-300's with the Rochester Optical Ace goggles, and their prescription inserts, and they work great, but as you say, the Android interface is slow, and outdated. It can overheat in hot weather too if you're not careful. It's also only 32 bit, so I can't use them for my Mavic Mini, which needs 64 bit. I then purchased the BT-35's, but Rochester Optical doesn't make the Ace goggles for those. I've found that I can just plug my BT-300's right into the BT-35's HDMI box and they work fine. I can connect them to a HDMI-out tablet that is 64 bit, and they work fine for the Mini now too. The BT-35 headset just has been sitting in the box. If you have any questions, just ask, and I'll be glad to help!

Hi guys!

I have the BT-200, BT-300 and just now got the BT-35E.
I have a Phantom 3 Pro that I've been using for many years, last week I got my Phantom 4+ V2.0.

I posted a review of the BT-200 on the FPV part of this forum in May 2016. Search for Moverio BT200 to find it unless this link works for you: Moverio BT200 + Colorado Video DM485CS = DJI Phantom 3 FPV!

I've been using the BT-200 (with the Colorado Video module) for about 4 years now with my Phantom 3 Pro. The glasses show the display from the output of the HDMI port on my controller. I use an iPhone as the actual controller. The HDMI output display shows just all of the telemtry information you need (altitude, distance, height, battery, etc) but you still have to go to the phone/android for starting recording, adjusting the camera and anything else you would normally tap to do. I don't take advantage of that very much so I don't find myself looking down at the controller much.

The BT-300 were a huge disappointment. Since I hardly used the android box of the BT-200 I wasn't used to the touch control on it. The hardware on the android box is weak and the latest version of DJI app (after you side load it) can lag out. I never got deep enough into it to tweak it to good performance. There is no direct HDMI input. I finally got official notice from Colorado Video last year that they have no plans to build and HDMI input module for this (Probably because Epson released the BT-35E)

The BT-35E, however, are truly the best of both worlds. They have a direct HDMI input! Now I just go from my DJI controller HDMI out directly to the BT-35e input. Clear and bright display (a noticeable upgrade from the BT-200). The frames are more sturdy.

On the Phantom 4 Pro + V2 the HDMI output shows the same screen on the glasses that I would see on the display, or you can set it to only show the camera view. Right now i have it set to mirror the controller so I really won't have to look at the controller much (mainly to start/stop video, but I could map that to controller buttons if I want).

On the Phantom 3 Pro HDMI out you see the camera view and most of the telemetry information (battery, height, distance, satellites, etc). On this unit I'll probably look down at my screen a little more often.

Just my opinions and thoughts, YMMV

Let me know if you want/need more specific information!

TCG
Phantom 2 Vision, Phantom 3 Pro (with HDMI module), Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0
Epson BT-200 (with Colorado Video module), Epson BT-300, Epson BT-35E

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic