Moverio BT-300 drone edition smart glasses

Reaction score
Hello all,

Before I purchase these, I am looking for some input on the BT-300’s from anyone who has used them before. I will be using them on a new Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian with the latest firmware/software. I have read some old threads where the glasses were not performing very well after some DJI firmware updates. Here are a few questions I have:
-will these glasses work with the latest firmware?
-will DJI / Epson continue to support them through future updates?
-how well do they perform? Latency issues?

I am thinking of purchasing these because I like the idea of having VLOS as well FPV.

Any other input or suggestions would be appreciated , good or bad.

Thanks in advance,
Ronix

Hello all,

Before I purchase these, I am looking for some input on the BT-300’s from anyone who has used them before. I will be using them on a new Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian with the latest firmware/software. I have read some old threads where the glasses were not performing very well after some DJI firmware updates. Here are a few questions I have:

I am thinking of purchasing these because I like the idea of having VLOS as well FPV.

Thanks in advance,
Ronix
I would like to know more as well as I understand it, there has been a recent update and something new to follow.

@EpsonMoverio might be able to chime in here with some details.

There's an all but new BT-300 for sale here.
Thanks for the offer JC, but I would rather pay Epson a little extra and have the warranty and ability to return them if I don’t like them.
Again, thanks for the offer!

Hello all,

Thanks in advance,
Ronix
By some VR Goggles and the Litchi App and you'll have better view for under $100

I would like to know more as well as I understand it, there has been a recent update and something new to follow.
Yes, some new and great things are on the horizon for the Moverios, the biggest of which is our new flight app.

Hello all,

Thanks in advance,
Ronix

I love my BT300’s. No problems at all. I used them with my P4P, Pro and an Air with no problems. I use them for VLOS and they work great for that. I had the DJI Goggles and while I like them there was no VLOS. it’s also my understanding that Epson may soon have its own app for flying the drones, but they are a little slow releasing that.

Last edited:
Looking to buy some of these just wondering what parts of go for app you can see

just wondering what parts of go for app you can see
You can see the entire DJI GO app (just like on a tablet/phone).

Like the map on the right and the drone orientation on the left And thanks for your time

Received my BT-300’s this week! Have half a dozen flights under my belt with them so far. First impressions are they are phenomenal. All functions work just like the regular RC. Screen is very bright and clear. Some have said they can’t read the map. I can see it very clearly, but I don’t wear glasses. I have yet to see any latency issues, performance has been great so far. The only drawbacks are the trackpad (could be a little easier to use) and the wire connecting the glasses to the device ( a little restrictive and you need to be careful not to pull them off your head! ).
Should be receiving the Solitaire Ace enclosure for them today, apparently this makes them even more comfortable! Will post on this once I have tried them.
Cheers
Ronix

Reactions: EpsonMoverio
Should be receiving the Solitaire Ace enclosure for them today, apparently this makes them even more comfortable! Will post on this once I have tried them.
Cheers
Ronix

Thanks for your report and I look forward to hearing about your impressions with the Solitaire Ace enclosure as well.

3C43EEED-3C6E-49BB-BF06-041F5165307F.jpeg
372CD439-B1B7-4D38-995F-37EF724DCD7A.jpeg
DFEA3B84-AD21-44D9-98B6-5D5165C75F84.jpeg
Well, the Solitaire Ace enclosure did show up today. I was a little skeptic as to how much better they would be from a comfort standpoint. I can say they are definitely worth the extra expense! I would say the only downside of the enclosure is it does make the glasses a little larger so they don’t fit in the original Epson case. Haven’t had a chance to fly with it yet, so more to come.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT