Reaction score
During the trip to Spain (Destination: SPAIN – Phantom 3 Advanced) I took my Phantom up to the mountain range north of Madrid known as “La Sierra”, which is a great place to hike, walk, and bike during the summer, as well as to enjoy winter sports during the cold season. If you want to experience Madrid beyond its busy streets, museums, and great food, this natural refuge is only half an hour away.

As always, thanks for watching. Any comments, questions, Likes, and new subscribers are much appreciated!

SKYER

Last edited:
Nice work, the zip at the end was my favorite shot in the sequence and wow flying at 6000 feet that's cool I don't care who you are! Thanks

Nice work, the zip at the end was my favorite shot in the sequence and wow flying at 6000 feet that's cool I don't care who you are! Thanks

Thanks Gerald! It was pretty cool flying in such a high and open space. It was pretty quiet too, except for the buzzing of a white bird zooming around ;)

SKYER

Last edited:
Thanks Gerald! It was pretty cool flying in such a high and open space. It was pretty quiet too, except for the buzzing of a white bird zooming around ;)
So the firmware that restricts the phantom from above 400 foot flight here in NAS is automatically lifted off continent once out of NAS?

So the firmware that restricts the phantom from above 400 foot flight here in NAS is automatically lifted off continent once out of NAS?

Nope, the max altitude setting on the DJI GO app remains active wherever you are unless you manually deactivate it, or change the limit, which the app allows to set up to 1640 feet (500 meters).

In Spain, as well as in the US, the max flight altitude currently allowed for sUAS is 400 feet (120 meters) above ground level (AGL). In this video the ground level where I took off from in the mountain was 6000 feet above mean sea level (MSL), and I did not exceed 400 feet AGL during the flight.

SKYER

Now that's interesting it would seem that flying in those mountain ranges and other remote places out of flight paths and glide slopes and general traffic that the ceiling could be elevated as in quid pro quo to everything else.

Now that's interesting it would seem that flying in those mountain ranges and other remote places out of flight paths and glide slopes and general traffic that the ceiling could be elevated as in quid pro quo to everything else.

It should, but unfortunately until the FAA (and other Civil Aviation Authorities) develop more reasonable regulations and air traffic control infrastructure for civilian unmanned vehicles, the aproach is to restrict flight altitudes, keeping drones close to the ground with the 400 feet limit regardless of air space classification.

SKYER

Absolutely safety first and considering what's at stake in terms of human life etc..
And how much time and effort has come before sUAS in making Aviation in general as safe as it is. Looks like they are doing it right.

Thanks for chat SKYER
And thanks for sharing

Gerald

Reactions: Skyer

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1