Motors would not start with controller sticks on Phantom 4 pro + 2.0

Reaction score
I was flying and brought Phantom in to change batteries, shut it down but when I started the Phantom and controller up again the sticks would not start up the motors, I had just used the Point of Interest before, thought it might be a setting, it would take off with the auto takeoff, brought it home and tried it again w/o props, it did eventually start but not right away, Anyone ever experience this! I waited on the phone for support but gave up after 30 minutes

I would start with calibrating the remote (sticks and wheel). Have you tried pulling the sticks to the outside bottom instead of the normal inside starting location? I have a remote that works that backward way for some reason..

I would start with calibrating the remote (sticks and wheel). Have you tried pulling the sticks to the outside bottom instead of the normal inside starting location? I have a remote that works that backward way for some reason..
I did re-calibrate everything, I am flying tomorrow morning we'll see, thanks

Reactions: Capt KO
I did re-calibrate everything, I am flying tomorrow morning we'll see, thanks
Just came upon your post and it is remarkably similar (so far) to a post I put up the other day with the same drone. (No Right Control)A few weeks ago (of course the night before a job) I was doing a test flight with my seldom-used P4P2+ and noticed (at first) the same thing. Shut all off, rebooted and tried again. Worked enough to take off on Auto Take Off, but then I realized I could not roll left or right. Changed mapping to see what would happen and confirmed that problem was in the controller, not the drone: there simply was no input to bird on the right stick, no matter what its function was.

Then a few days ago someone suggested calibration, which I’d not thought of. Simply confirmed that there was no registered input on that stick. (Thus obviously it would not get the props spinning, and I could only take off with Auto Take Off feature.)

Was planning on calling DJI tomorrow; not looking forward to that. Please let me know if/what you find out.

Last edited:
thats the way my drone will start pull to the outside, calling dji to see what they think! thanks

Just came upon your post and it is remarkably similar (so far) to a post I put up the other day with the same drone. (No Right Control)A few weeks ago (of course the night before a job) I was doing a test flight with my seldom-used P4P2+ and noticed (at first) the same thing. Shut all off, rebooted and tried again. Worked enough to take off on Auto Take Off, but then I realized I could not roll left or right. Changed mapping to see what would happen and confirmed that problem was in the controller, not the drone: there simply was no input to bird on the right stick, no matter what its function was.

Then a few days ago someone suggested calibration, which I’d not thought of. Simply confirmed that there was no registered input on that stick. (Thus obviously it would not get the props spinning, and I could only take off with Auto Take Off feature.)

Was planning on calling DJI tomorrow; not looking forward to that. Please let me know if/what you find out.
I am calling dji to see what they think, My drone starts with sticks to the outside, I did get the motors to start without props but still want to know to know whats up, ! don't know if dji will be responsive or even around in the future!i If you follow China at all there is so much upheavel now, massive floods, unemployment, many cities in complete lockdown, including Beijing, not sure if city where dji is but its only a stone throw from Hong Kong, there is talk of a internal shakeup, people have had it with the ccp commies

thats the way my drone will start pull to the outside, calling dji to see what they think! thanks
Let me know 'if n when'. That remote of mine is not being used because of the weird start. I never researched it, Luckily have spares.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic