Motorola Razr Android Cannot Connect to Phantom WIFI

Reaction score
Motorola Razr HD sees the Phantom Wifi extender SSID and attempts to connect (excellent signal). Says "Acquiring IP Address" then always fails and gives an "Avoided poor internet connection" message. The "avoid poor internet connections" option in WIFI settings is UNCHECKED.

Data usage is turned off, auto connect wifi is off, it is not trying to connect to any other wifi networks as I have told the device to "forget" them all...but device WILL connect to other wifi if I want it to.

Have turned everything off and back on multiple times. Turned every wifi setting of and on in every combination I know.

Thoughts??

Cant see Motorola in supported device list for Phantom's Vision APP ... ??

Recommended: iPhone4s, iPhone5, iPhone5s, iPhone5C, iPod Touch4, iPod Touch5;
Available but not recommended: iPAD3, iPAD4, iPAD mini.... Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, Note2, Note3 or phones of similar configuration.

I know others apart from this list, do work ... but think is little bit hit and miss, so might be that DJI have not had enough time or resources to make compatible as many as people might like.

GMANNZ said:

Available but not recommended: iPAD3, iPAD4, iPAD mini.... Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, Note2, Note3 or phones of similar configuration.

I know others apart from this list, do work ... but think is little bit hit and miss, so might be that DJI have not had enough time or resources to make compatible as many as people might like.

Aha! Had no idea the app was so nearly pointless with an Android phone....perfect.

Thanks!

Lawmed said:
GMANNZ said:

Aha! Had no idea the app was so nearly pointless with an Android phone....perfect.

Thanks!

You cannot get internet connetion from Phantom WiFi network...

I have a moto X and it works fine. You might want to try rebinding the repeater to the camera (you'll need the QR code on the packaging to get this to work), also, the newest version of the app seems a little flaky. I had it working but kept losing picture sporadically over the weekend and have since gone back to 1.0.38 I think? Search the vision forum for places to download this version if you wanna try rolling back.

jimdenburg said:
I have a moto X and it works fine. You might want to try rebinding the repeater to the camera (you'll need the QR code on the packaging to get this to work), also, the newest version of the app seems a little flaky. I had it working but kept losing picture sporadically over the weekend and have since gone back to 1.0.38 I think? Search the vision forum for places to download this version if you wanna try rolling back.

I tried it "one last time", shutting of the phone and re-powering it, airplane mode on, data off and voila! It worked fine and I have not had a problem since. Not sure why it suddenly decided to cooperate as I had done all of the above previously with no luck.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl