Can't connect to Wifi. (Solved)

Reaction score
1#
Here is some information that might be beneficial to others. I have a friends P3Standard that I borrowed for testing purposes. I wanted to test its range as compared to my P3S. My friend lives 200 miles from me. We flew that P3 at her location. It connected to my device Properly. But when I relocated it to my location on the Mojave Desert, I could not get it to connect to my device's wifi. It asked for the Wifi password, which is 12341234. I entered that, but it still would not connect. I tried every trick in the book, including the RC unit Password reset procedure (Thumb wheel to the right, and toggled S2). I even deleted ("Forget) the wifi connection on my device and then re-aquired. I logged out of the Go app and logged back in. I deleted the Go app and re-installed. I searched the forum for other tricks. I tried them all! Nothing worked. It just kept saying "Wrong Password". I know the Password had never been changed from the default.

I was not going to let this thing get the best of me. So I tried one more thing. I disconnected the battery in the RC unit and left it disconnected for about 30 minutes. Then I plugged the battery back in, and tried to connect again. This time it worked!!! It took the 12341234 Password and I went flying...!

I feel so much better this morning. I think I'll go out to breakfast.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Still connecting and working fine. But in my above post, I stated that I knew the Wifi password had not been changed from the default. I'm now not so sure that it hadn't been changed. The drone had originally belonged to my cousin Mark in Northern California. He bought it new in the box. Unfortunatelly, he lost interest in drone flying rather quickly. So for six months it just sat without flying. Then, my sister decided she wanted to be like her big brother (me) and get into the drone flying business. She purchased the drone from Mark a couple of months ago. I met them both at her home and trained her on how to fly it. I had no problems connecting or flying at that time.

Unfortunately, my sister has been extremely ill for the last couple of weeks. She is currently in ICU in a hospital. She can not talk at this time. So I can not ask her about the password. I decided to bring the drone down here to my house for safe keeping and testing purposes while she recovers. My sister is a computer Geek. She knows her way around computers and networking. Now that I'm thinking about it, it is very possible that she changed the password without telling me. That's the only thing I can come up with that created this password situation.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z