"Connection to phantom failed", but...

___

Reaction score
Hello,

My P2V+ [V3 model] is giving me grief. :-(
The RE (Range Extender) successfully connects to my phone (iPhone 5) and seems to stay connected now. But... the RE seems to be having issues connecting to the quad.
The app shows the green dot and the correct SSID of the phantom network from the RE. But... it just says Connection to Phantom Failed.
When I open the app, under Binding, it showed the correct information for current binding. But... the "About" section of the app shows NA for camera.

Main issue is the "Camera" feed only shows the error "Connection to phantom failed". There is *no telemetry* and I cannot take photos/video. The only thing that is blue is the RE icon, and the battery level of the RE. Most of the time the wifi icon (above the SD icon) is blue also. All other icons are gray. I don't get the battery of the aircraft, number of sats, or any telemetry in the bottom. Because I don't have any telemetry, and I have a V3, I wonder if its something else other than the aircraft wifi-module.

I redid the binding several times and when I would restart everything (after being patient for the RE to reboot) the binding would be gone. One I was able to redo the binding and it stuck. But I haven't been able to confirm because when I go to that section of the app it gives me "Wi-Fi Repeater Connection Failed" error.

What I've tried/Notes:

Restarting devices (phone, quad, RE, remote, app, etc.)
Rename RE to a shorter name "Phantom_2"
Settings -> Binding -> redo the binding. MOST often times when I click "Binding" I get "Wi-Fi Repeater Connection Failed" even when I still have the green dot in the app.
No other wi-fi networks remembered on phone.
No SIM card in phone.
Have a valid IP address from the RE.
Quad has sat for a long time... two of my batteries won't even light up.

Settings - > About:

Version APP 1.0.60(2068)
Camera: N/A
NAZA-M: N/A

Please advise. *Any help or advice is much appreciated!* Thank you in advance...

Hello,

My P2V+ [V3 model] is giving me grief. :-(
The RE (Range Extender) successfully connects to my phone (iPhone 5) and seems to stay connected now. But... the RE seems to be having issues connecting to the quad.
The app shows the green dot and the correct SSID of the phantom network from the RE. But... it just says Connection to Phantom Failed.
When I open the app, under Binding, it showed the correct information for current binding. But... the "About" section of the app shows NA for camera.

Main issue is the "Camera" feed only shows the error "Connection to phantom failed". There is *no telemetry* and I cannot take photos/video. The only thing that is blue is the RE icon, and the battery level of the RE. Most of the time the wifi icon (above the SD icon) is blue also. All other icons are gray. I don't get the battery of the aircraft, number of sats, or any telemetry in the bottom. Because I don't have any telemetry, and I have a V3, I wonder if its something else other than the aircraft wifi-module.

I redid the binding several times and when I would restart everything (after being patient for the RE to reboot) the binding would be gone. One I was able to redo the binding and it stuck. But I haven't been able to confirm because when I go to that section of the app it gives me "Wi-Fi Repeater Connection Failed" error.

What I've tried/Notes:

Restarting devices (phone, quad, RE, remote, app, etc.)
Rename RE to a shorter name "Phantom_2"
Settings -> Binding -> redo the binding. MOST often times when I click "Binding" I get "Wi-Fi Repeater Connection Failed" even when I still have the green dot in the app.
No other wi-fi networks remembered on phone.
No SIM card in phone.
Have a valid IP address from the RE.
Quad has sat for a long time... two of my batteries won't even light up.

Settings - > About:

Version APP 1.0.60(2068)
Camera: N/A
NAZA-M: N/A

Please advise. *Any help or advice is much appreciated!* Thank you in advance...

WIFI repeater is the range extender, can you connect to the wifi on your pc and ping it,

1. turn on vision+, extender, smartphone, dji vision app, see blank live video screen
  2. using notebook/pc connect to Wi-Fi network "Phantom_xxxxx"
  3. ping 192.168.1.2
    If ping succesfull, your wifi-extender is alive and can connect to Phantom's Wi-Fi (binding is ok). If ping fails - go no further, you are doing something wrong. Take a pause, drink coffee, think about getting some background in networking technologies, windows, etc (joke).
  4. ping 192.168.1.1
    If ping succesfull, TOP PCB board of Wi-Fi FPV module is alive
  5. ping 192.168.1.10
    If ping succesfull, BOTTOM PCB BOARD of WI-Fi FPV module is alive.
    If ping fails - bottom PCB board (marked WM301_DM368) is broken

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I'm having the same problem as the OP, with the differences being that I am using and iPhone XS Max and running iOS 13.1.2. I have not flown my Vision in quite some time. I am running the DJI VISION app version 1.0.60 (2068).

I also ran the ping test, and get responses from all three IP addresses/circuit boards.

Does the Vision2+ not work with iPhones 7 and higher or recent iOS versions?

if you have not used the p2 vision plus for a long time
and stored it away
the nand chip looses script program and has to be re-flashed
this applies only if you get telemetry on the screen ok but no camera picture
i can re-flash them at a small cost cheaper than having to buy a video transmission module

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31