Motor wire glue important?

Reaction score
I recently replaced the body of my P4P after partially backing over it with my truck. The process was a bit of a hassle as many of the screws ended up stripping. I neglected to do anything about the glue that was holding the motor wires to parts of the body. I got everything back together but managed to strip a few of the motor screws getting them tight enough. Since these screws are required to be removed to get back in the body, I'm wondering how important is that glue that holds the motor wires to the body?

I'm wondering how important is that glue that holds the motor wires to the body?
IMO, this is more to reduce the chance of fraying and to reduce the vibration of the wiring. Specifically speaking close to a solder joint. If those wire's at that point continue to vibrate ( Which they will do ), it is possible that the solder connection can crack. This is not only with these aircraft, it is simply a principle of prevention.

Reactions: Shoot4fun
The hot glue holds the wires in place and protects the integrity of the solder joints. Its necessary

Reactions: Shoot4fun
It does do that, indeed. May be able to heat it gently say, with a hair dryer, and push wires back into it?

Sometimes you have just remove it all depending on what your doing.
Still would like to find something that’s close to their product.

I decided to go with silicone and added an extra glue point so the wires are glued in 4 spots before the solder points. I feel it should be sufficient.

704 Silicon Rubber Temperature Sealant Adhesive Glue for Electronic Devices. Look for it on EBay.....

Reactions: Rick1008

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik