motor upgrade for V+

Reaction score
any recommendations in model/brand and good vendors?

i tried search but the board says the words are "too common"...

From the youtube videos Ive seen comparing stock vs aftermarket motors, Im not seeing any benefit at all

gogowanda said:
any recommendations in model/brand and good vendors?.

T-motors if you insist but, for nearly $200 and a lot of soldering, I don't really see much of a point. You get slightly more lift and perhaps 1 minute more runtime per battery.

Agreed there is so little performance difference with the T-motor antigravity upgrade it doesn't justify the $200.00 price tag and labor to install.

unless you crash badly you really don't need to replace motors.
The actual motor doesn't wear our but the bearings do and those are pretty easily replaceable.
And you get what you pay for.
Beware that if you are still in training I do not recommend that you spend $$$ on ceramic bearings.

IF you want to prolong the life of your motors and bearings. having good props that are balanced and if you want to go the extra mile balance the motor.

There are a couple of ways to do motor balancing (look it up on youtube)
I am actually putting together a Vision prop and motor balancing kit.

Just get the stock motors , a lot cheaper your not going to notice a big difference. Hey if you want blow money that's on you.

For the Money, buy a new battery, that'll give you more flight time per dollar than a motor upgrade.

What's with people wanting to upgrade motors on the P2V+ ??? The 2212 motors supplied do as they were designed to do & I would imagine with normal flying conditions, these motors will last for many, many hours of flying. Perhaps purchase 2 spare genuine DJI motors for $30ea 1xCW & 1xCCW in case of an unlikely failure. There are also many negative reviews of the 2214 T-motors, bearing failures, "popping" at high revs etc... Stick with OEM motors.

** Also worth noting: If you tinker with your P2V+ you will almost certainly VOID your warranty should you have to return it for any reason **

The motors are the same there's no ccw or cw motors , no difference same motor the controller tells it which way to spin.
I'm sure if you crash it hard enough to mess up the motor , you'll have more things to worry about. flying off a beach will wear them out

There is a difference in the thread on the motor.
however you are correct as far as the motor is electrically there is no difference.
Other than to get it to rotate in the correct direction for the self tightening props to work.
you just swap two of the phases on the motor connection to the ESC.

It's a long story. I sold my first p2 w/ 2d gimbal on ebay and while i took off the guard, i put the long screw back which messed up the motor. So I end up sending him my stock ones and upgraded mine with the anti gravity.

and i agree on the extra bettery, that's probably the most effective way to "prolong" your flying time.

KG4MXV said:
There is a difference in the thread on the motor.
however you are correct as far as the motor is electrically there is no difference.
Other than to get it to rotate in the correct direction for the self tightening props to work.
you just swap two of the phases on the motor connection to the ESC.
Sorry about that I was thinking of my 450 :roll:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl