Motor quit and a constant beep from it after installing

Reaction score
After Installing the gimbal and making sure all firm ware was up to date.
I got 3 full batteries of flight time and everything worked great. I was in heaven

Then on next outing I powered up and started to take off and one of the Motors quit and there is a constant beeping from it.

I've done alot of google research and cant find an answer
any info would be appreciated.

That looks like unconnected wire inside phantom. My suggestion is that you open the shell and verify if the wire from faulty motor is tight connected and all the solderings to ESC board are fine.

Thanks
Yes I checked all the wiring that doesn't seem like its the issue..

On several occasions all four engine fire up but then the beeping starts and the one rotor stops spinning
just trying to figure out what I'm overlooking can the motor go bad after only maybe an hour of flight time

Sounds like a dead esc then or an issue with the soldering to that motor's esc. Did you do anything to that motor or any wiring going to it's ESC when installing the gimbal? Check all the solder points for that arm and motor as something may have come loose, its also possible you may have jammed a wire when putting the top back on and breaking a wire causing your issues.

I had the same thing the other day after I installed the gimbal. I took off the shell and did some more insulating under the gcu and v2. I put the shell on and everything was fine. Wish you luck.

Ok so I replaced the esc and the motor
and it still beeps, so I switched connections on the naza and no matter what motor I plug into M3 slot I get the same issue but If I don't plug anything into the m3 slot the beeping quits...

I'm also experiencing the same Beeping issue, the only difference is that I did not install anything on my Phantom....its all stock! I've opened the Phantom and looked around for any loose or damaged wires, but I did not find any. I am also having difficulties finding a clear solution online. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I'm also experiencing the same Beeping issue, the only difference is that I did not install anything on my Phantom....its all stock! I've opened the Phantom and looked around for any loose or damaged wires, but I did not find any. I am also having difficulties finding a clear solution online. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

When you install the battery, do all 4 of the red and green LED's work ? If "No", the ESC is bad, and needs to be replaced.
If "Yes", pull each of the ESC connectors from the Naza M1 thru M4, when the beeping stops, you will know which motor is bad.

Don't be surprised if you only have a couple hours on the Phantom. I had one go bad with 1 hour.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl