Motor obstruction while hovering ? then!

Reaction score
hello all I am new here, but someone might have had the same issue, was hovering over the job site today taking pictures of the landfill and all of a sudden the quad goes into spastic mode and says "motor obstruction" but it is still hovering, then it drops one motor pitches side ways says compass error and shoots like a rocket while spinning like a ICBM about 100' up going horizontal the battery power dropped from 15.9 to 13.6 in 3 seconds, only to end up smashed into a top soil pile 200' away.. Not too worried about the craft as it is used for business and they will pick up the cost, but started tearing into it tonite and got it to fire back up and hover like nothing happened, except the camera and gimble, landing gear is crashed, the compass is showing mods in the ranges of 1200 to 2100 in all four boxes, so i know it is wigged out, IMU does nothing but says it is ok. rather strange never have seen any of my DJI products just trip out and go wild like it got some heavy interference. Mind there is 785kv transmission lines about 900 yards away "AEP power plant site", but I have flown for years out here with no issues till this Phantom 3 Adv comes along, has been nothing but trouble in terms of bugs and little issues till its demise today. Picture is of compass log, quad setup, and what I use it for...If in wrong area sorry, been a long day, up too late and I didn't read before posting :)
Screenshot 2016-07-11 23.20.44.png
2016-02-07 02.22.54.jpg
DJI_0730-1.jpg

Light motor obstruction will dip the speed and will definitely take away aircraft to a side with speed. Total obstruction will topple to aircraft and it will fall down. No idea why this happened.

Landfills are a common place for birds, yes? Perhaps you were hit.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: LosDosMonitos
This would freak me out and cause me to never fly if another person was within a visible distance. Interested in why this happened!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic