Moron flys his drone over Vancouver airport.

Re: Moron flys his drone over Vancouver airport.

Technically, he was not flying over the runway or even the airport.
In my opinion, not even that close to be a real threat to the people carrying aircraft.
Hell, go to any major airport where planes land by the minute and you are bound to see two land side by side eventually.

Ever hear of Oshkosh Wisconsin?
For two weeks out of the year, the airport becomes the world's busiest airport as flyers land for the annual event.
You call the tower for instructions when you first approach. They advise you where to line up in the crowd.
Traffic is so busy there is no two-way radio communication during landing. You respond by tilting your wings.

So yeah, you can be properly six miles from the major airport flying legally and all of a sudden here comes a jumbo jet.
Are you to be held irresponsible because YOU do not know where the planes fly?
I'm not suggesting the guy was totally wrong. As I do not have all of the facts about this.
"Are you to be held irresponsible because YOU do not know where the planes fly?" YES, educate yourself. Flying anywhere close to an airport and approach departure paths is moronic and why The FAA will eventually require a basic ground school for an UAV certificate...but not soon enough!

I wonder how many pilots fly under the influence a year? Why doesn't this get in the news? Lots of tight panties here. Yes... we can all agree.....he was a bad, bad man (or woman).

I wonder how many pilots fly under the influence a year? Why doesn't this get in the news? Lots of tight panties here. Yes... we can all agree.....he was a bad, bad man (or woman).
I always buy my panties a size larger to prevent chafing...
roflmao2.gif

Reactions: SteveMann
They really have to accept that idiots will do this and develop technology to track them down so they can put them in jail.

It should be easy to build directional drone and controller detectors so they can find the perp.

My conspiracy theory is that people are doing it on purpose so that they will pass laws to outlaw them or ISIS is up to no good.

It just a matter of time that a dummy brings down something..doesnt have to be a commercial liner, then the media runs with it, then we are all fu..ed!!!! THERES PLENTY OF OTHER PLACES TO FLY THEN AROUND AN AIRPORT!!! GEEEZ PEEPS!!!
If someone flies near an airport they should be publicly beaten. Not because it's wrong, against the law etc. No, because they are just some mouth breathing oxygen thief looking to do harm. Either way they should be eliminated from society. The media savages love this stuff and are picking up on it more and more as it makes for a great story to scare people. I wish someone would have the time and energy to post the number of quads/drones purchased and owned in the U.S. Vs. the number of idiots doing this stuff. Divide by 100 and come up with the percentage. Yes that was a math thing. Bet it is not that much. Just eliminate morons. They are causing global warming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Becoming a daily issue now. Just a matter of time before they make this hobby illegal with the amount of morons doing this sort of thing!!
Just how would they do that legally?

I wish someone would have the time and energy to post the number of quads/drones purchased and owned in the U.S. Vs. the number of idiots doing this stuff. Divide by 100 and come up with the percentage. Yes that was a math thing. Bet it is not that much. Just eliminate morons. They are causing global warming.
OK, lets do the math. According to Forbes Magazine, DJI was selling 30,000 of the Phantom drones per month last year. DJI has half the market share, so that's 60,000 personal drones a month, 12 months makes 720,000 personal drones wordwide. And how often do you hear the sensational news broadcast of a drone sighting? Once a month? Once a week? Let's be generous to the fear mongers and go with one a day. 365 a year sound excessive enough? Now do the math: 365/720,000=5.06944 X 10^-4, multiply by 100 and you get .05069 percent. Five hundredths of one percent. You are terrified of .05% ?
Get over it - THE SKY IS NOT FALLING!

The percentage is irrelevant. The number of incidents is what's important. Whatever the percentage is, it's growing, and that's bad for the people who fly safely.

Technically, he was not flying over the runway or even the airport.
In my opinion, not even that close to be a real threat to the people carrying aircraft.
Hell, go to any major airport where planes land by the minute and you are bound to see two land side by side eventually.

Ever hear of Oshkosh Wisconsin?
For two weeks out of the year, the airport becomes the world's busiest airport as flyers land for the annual event.
You call the tower for instructions when you first approach. They advise you where to line up in the crowd.
Traffic is so busy there is no two-way radio communication during landing. You respond by tilting your wings.

So yeah, you can be properly six miles from the major airport flying legally and all of a sudden here comes a jumbo jet.
Are you to be held irresponsible because YOU do not know where the planes fly?
I'm not suggesting the guy was totally wrong. As I do not have all of the facts about this.
WTF? Are you really saying that a drone and a piloted plane in full communication with the tower are analogous???

So I guess only quadcopters aka drones have flown in restricted areas and in the past 70 years R/C airplanes have not. Surely the news would have reported it if an R/C airplane did. Why would the odds of a quadcopter/drone hitting a plane be higher than that of an R/C airplane, glider, helicopter? The media doesn't seem to pick up on this.

J.
To put it simply, there is no comparison between the RC pilot of the past who had to know the basics of aviation, put hours into the model he/she hopes to fly, and when ready, flies with great care and respect for the small plane they have invested so much time in. Now compare that to some kid feeling that can open a box, charge a battery and be airborne in no time, often with no idea of what they are doing, but instead with a feeling of entitlement that gives them the right to fly where ever they want! Add the fact that RC planes don't usually carry a camera and cant hover, reverse, or vertically ascend and descend, no to mention the plane take some skill to pilot.

OK, lets do the math. According to Forbes Magazine, DJI was selling 30,000 of the Phantom drones per month last year. DJI has half the market share, so that's 60,000 personal drones a month, 12 months makes 720,000 personal drones wordwide. And how often do you hear the sensational news broadcast of a drone sighting? Once a month? Once a week? Let's be generous to the fear mongers and go with one a day. 365 a year sound excessive enough? Now do the math: 365/720,000=5.06944 X 10^-4, multiply by 100 and you get .05069 percent. Five hundredths of one percent. You are terrified of .05% ?
Get over it - THE SKY IS NOT FALLING!

Yawn....nobody has said the sky is falling...lol.

So your math and your point is that the numbers show that flying near airports so far hasn't caused an accident, so carry on???

You and your fans accuse me of twisting your agenda Steve. I'm just not sure what your agenda is I guess. So 'splain the point your are making when you inform us that we shouldn't be concerned with a plane hitting a drone or vice versa, because it hasn't happened yet, and the numbers show the chances of it happening are very slim? It seems the implication you make is that drones really aren't a danger to anyone?

Guys guys... I'm a newbie here. Absolutely love my P3A (only flown 19 times so far), but I am NOT a newbie afa current events and politics.

Listen and listen good. Drone ownership = gun ownership sooner than later. The media will see to it. They conrol the narrative. All it will take is a few more idiots flying like this and gubment will step in to "fix" everything.

The nails are already lined up on the RC coffin.

Reactions: aka1ceman

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20