More on prop balancing and the P4P whine

Reaction score
I wrote about the weight difference between the props and balance issues in an earlier thread.
Now, having matched props by weight, silver and black pairs, as close as possible, I balanced them as perfectly as I could, then went out to fly.

First thing I noticed was the high pitched whine like tone, that I heard on all other flight while hovering over my head, is gone! Touching the four legs, the vibrations were equal and light. Pushing on the leg, as I had before in the last thread, I could barely induce the whine where before it would become rather high pitched.

I flew 4 times, checking at hover above me, no whine and the wind was 10mph or higher. On all flights before, wind also influenced the whine.

Now either balancing was responsible for this, or I have no clue what is going on. I used the same two pairs, only balancing differed, I had already weighed and paired them before the last flights, but was waiting for my balancer to arrive, so flew without rebalancing.

Before, I was really thinking that this whine, was actually high frequency vibrations between the 2 body shells. I know the general consensus around here, is it is just the new props. But when you push on a leg, that puts pressure on the seams, changing the pitch.

Now I am becoming convinced the whine, vibration and prop balance are related.

I got another brand, but it works really well and cost a lot less, but not as fancy, still, very accurate.

I wrote about the weight difference between the props and balance issues in an earlier thread.
Now, having matched props by weight, silver and black pairs, as close as possible, I balanced them as perfectly as I could, then went out to fly.

First thing I noticed was the high pitched whine like tone, that I heard on all other flight while hovering over my head, is gone! Touching the four legs, the vibrations were equal and light. Pushing on the leg, as I had before in the last thread, I could barely induce the whine where before it would become rather high pitched.

I flew 4 times, checking at hover above me, no whine and the wind was 10mph or higher. On all flights before, wind also influenced the whine.

Now either balancing was responsible for this, or I have no clue what is going on. I used the same two pairs, only balancing differed, I had already weighed and paired them before the last flights, but was waiting for my balancer to arrive, so flew without rebalancing.

Before, I was really thinking that this whine, was actually high frequency vibrations between the 2 body shells. I know the general consensus around here, is it is just the new props. But when you push on a leg, that puts pressure on the seams, changing the pitch.

Now I am becoming convinced the whine, vibration and prop balance are related.

Hmm, maybe this is related to why some body shells crack and others don't.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl