More info on generic error steady Red LED?

Reaction score
Hi forum members.

Is there a way to find out what the red led on phantom 2 vision plus errror is?

Had a crash. After the crash, the communication between radio and Phantom did not work.
Did calibration and firmware update through Phantom application.
After that things look better.

Turn on RC and WiFi extender.
Connect my iphone DJI Vision App
Turn on Phantom.
Get the slow blinking green, meaning ready to fly GPS assisted status.
Do NOT get any indication on fix in the DJI vision app.
Take off.
Status leds on Phantom show steady red, meaning generic error.
If I try to hook the Phantom up with USB to , it wont let me see any status in the computer application.

Two questions.

1, the obvious, any ideas on where to start
2, can I somehow get a better error code than just "error"?

Thanks in advance for any input.

That kind of happened to me twice yesterday. I got the double fast green flash sequence then the normal green flashing and launched up about 30-40 feet. All the arms went red. I landed and rebooted everything and it was fine after that. I don't know. No indication in the app at all. Someone told me it was a battery issue. I still don't know.

If you are not getting a rapid blinking green LED's then you are not getting GPS home lock. With out that you are not getting the ready to fly. I would go back and start re-calibrations of the IMU, RC sticks and compass. Then verify you are getting at least 6 satellites and also home lock before flying. Very important!

If you are not getting a rapid blinking green LED's then you are not getting GPS home lock. With out that you are not getting the ready to fly. I would go back and start re-calibrations of the IMU, RC sticks and compass. Then verify you are getting at least 6 satellites and also home lock before flying. Very important!

Hi, and thanks to both of you that has responded.

I do get first the first self test leds, and then the slow blinking green that as far as I understand means that the Phantom has a GPS fix. (Ready to fly, GPS assisted). But, dont get any satellite count in the app, so something is definetely wrong. That why I was wondering id there is a way to maybe extract a log or just find an error code or get any other hint on where to start.

Cheers

Yeah you need 2 sets of twenty flashes of green. I forget what the first set is for but the second set is sat count and home point set I believe. It sounds like you are not getting the second set.
Pop the top off and check your gps cable, they fit kind of loose. I spread out my 4 pins a hair to try and increase the tension a little bit.

In Naza Mode with IOC enabled, rear LEDs:

1st set of rapid Green = Course Lock heading recorded (current heading).
2nd set of rapid Green = GPS position fixed for Home Point (Home point is actually stored once you begin to take-off (>10% throttle).

Slow single Green = GPS sat count =/>6, No command or stick input not detected.
Slow double Green = GPS sat count =/>6, Command or stick input detected.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers