More channels hack

Here is a copy of both files. It's good to have a copy of the original file. We might find out that if we load the original file back before doing any updating, that we might be able to come back and load the 32 file over again. However, it may be a good idea to rename the 32 file at some point. Btw, I know very little about this kind of stuff and generally rely on others who better fit then myself.

Attachments

• DJI Config File2.zip
    1,015 bytes · Views: 244
Reactions: Romonaga and Dadcat
ES File Explorer_20150811_225228.jpg

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have put the .dji.configs file in the root of pilot/djifiles
Help please only 8 channels still

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have put the .dji.configs file in the root of pilot/djifiles
Help please only 8 channels still

Paste the instructions you are using so we can better understand what's up.

I downloaded the rar file and extracted the dji configs file and copied it to the root of the djipilot/djifiles folder. I posted a screenshot a couple posts up that shows where I put the file. I'm definitely am not a computer person.

I downloaded the rar file and extracted the dji configs file and copied it to the root of the djipilot/djifiles folder. I posted a screenshot a couple posts up that shows where I put the file. I'm definitely am not a computer person.

I don't have android, but the correct folder listed in the thread is: \Android\data\dji.pilot\files

Is that what you tried? Looks like you are in "dji files" instead. Just a thought.

I don't have android, but the correct folder listed in the thread is: \Android\data\dji.pilot\files

Is that what you tried? Looks like you are in "dji files" instead. Just a thought.

I have android and the correct sequence for me was Android/data/dji.pilot (<--- .DJI.configs is placed in the root of the folder displayed here). Make sure the file starts with a period as shown above.

You may have to then reboot device for change to take place.

I have android and the correct sequence for me was Android/data/dji.pilot (<--- .DJI.configs is placed in the root of the folder displayed here). Make sure the file starts with a period as shown above.

You may have to then reboot device for change to take place.
Thanks sir. That is a different location than the original post in the rcgroups forum that started this thread, so hopefully your clarification will help some of the android users here. Cheers!

It's NOT a hoax. Channel 30-32 are showing way less activity and get me notably further than any of the channels DJI is giving us stock. So unless my increased range is explained by some other unknown phenomena, these less crowded channels are in fact doing something.

Yep these less crowded channels help for sure when you previously were flying in an area where 13 through 20 had a lot of activity. Result being improved range and general reliability.

It's also worth noting that once you manually choose a custom channel that your remote and phantom will stay on that channel even when power cycled. I observed this behavior after setting mine to channel 28 manually. The following day I did the patch on my android tablet and when I started the app it was already still on channel 28 without me doing anything. So it permanently sets the channel inside the Phantoms Memory chip as it would other settings like return to home altitude or other settings. That also means if you were using the HDMI output module and wanted to fly with that without using your phone or tablet you can rest assured it will still be on your last selected custom channel.

So, which one of you is going to install the new Android DJi Go app and report back on the channel expansion and if you can successfully revert back to 1.2.0 with channel enhancements?

I use a Samsung Tab 4 to fly and use DJi Pilot 1.2.0 on 1.2.8 FW. So I may install this new app on my Samsung S4 phone, leaving my Tab alone, and see if the FPV lag has been addressed.

So, which one of you is going to install the new Android DJi Go app and report back on the channel expansion and if you can successfully revert back to 1.2.0 with channel enhancements?.
The channel hack never left when upgrading to Go :)

Reactions: n6vmo
The channel hack never left when upgrading to Go :)

Good to know. Now I will have to read about what great things DJi included in the Go app to convince myself to upgrade.

Yea not much. Seems its more for online sharing stuff. That I could care less about.

I really have enjoyed reading this thread with all of the great info about the frequencies. Thanks, you guys rock.

It's funny how several people have reported getting the "replace" prompt when they try to install the file for the first time (not a repeat try) and several have reported they did not get the replace prompt on their first try. As I have noted a few times, my experience was that I was prompted to replace, even though I had never done it before. I was thankful to have read in the thread previously that a few people had already seen the same so I wasn't surprised when it happened to me as well.

This forum is awesome!

Neither my iOS or android device needed to replace a file for the 32 channel patch. It will only ask you if you add it twice for those of you who didn't think it worked the first time you moved the file.
Sorry, I had "not" tried it before. First attempt. The file was already there. I don't know how to explain it, but others have had the same thing happen. Never say never.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Oso

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72