Modifying flight parameters of P3 Standard

Reaction score
There are some cool instructional websites/videos for modifying the flight parameters (increasing max speed, range, altitude, ascend/descend speeds, etc), but they always seem to be actually demonstrated on a Advanced or Pro version.

I have a P3 Standard and none of these methods work for me.

Here is one video I tried:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This video links to other websites that show you how to downgrade firmware, etc. Nothing seems to work though.

Has anyone actually successfully done this with a P3 Standard?

Ummmmmmm be careful,p3s is not a stock car and set up from factory to work and perform nice and safe,trying to get bit extra out of it probly cause a wipe out and then you be moaning at dji for a crapp drone,best advise is not to experiment with any settings unless you a very confident flyer , p3s is a good bird but sounds like you want more,money might be issue for you but instead of possibly wrecking it ,just upgrade to another,or be happy with what you got :) take care

Ummmmmmm be careful,p3s is not a stock car and set up from factory to work and perform nice and safe,trying to get bit extra out of it probly cause a wipe out and then you be moaning at dji for a crapp drone,best advise is not to experiment with any settings unless you a very confident flyer , p3s is a good bird but sounds like you want more,money might be issue for you but instead of possibly wrecking it ,just upgrade to another,or be happy with what you got :) take care

I am a very confident flyer. And I won't be complaining to DJI for any modifications that I make.

The mods to the P3P, etc seem pretty straight forward. The process just doesn't seem to work the same for P3S.

I am a software developer by trade - just not Python, but I don't mind to tinker.

Thanks for the concerns though :) .

I am a very confident flyer. And I won't be complaining to DJI for any modifications that I make.

The mods to the P3P, etc seem pretty straight forward. The process just doesn't seem to work the same for P3S.

I am a software developer by trade - just not Python, but I don't mind to tinker.

Thanks for the concerns though :) .
Choice , sorry,Yeh I came up with same vids you display on my searching,couple parameter changing posts but none for p3s I could find,

No idea what differences are you talking about. When I used the scripts for P3C, worked as well.

No idea what differences are you talking about. When I used the scripts for P3C, worked as well.

Interesting. What firmware did you start with?

Did you downgrade from 1.09.0200, or modify 1.09.0200 directly?

I have tried downgrading, but every time I pull up the DJI Go app it says I still have 1.09.0200 on it. So I then modified 1.09.0200, per the instructions, and am left with a PMCAPPFw3.bin after renaming it. The bin file modification seems to go exactly as prescribed.

However, when I drop PMCAPPFw3.bin onto the memory card and turn on the drone, nothing happens.

Last edited:
Why would that matter? I believe I was on P3C_FW_V01.07.0090 when trying it.

I believe this is the name I used, "PMCAPPFw3.bin". Not sure though.

According to the instructions, it shouldn't matter. But I am curious if anyone else who started with 1.09.0200 had similar issues. I am suspecting that the firmware I currently have is blocking downgrade, but it could also just be something I am doing wrong of course.

Last edited:
Anyone else with a P3 Standard and currently on 1.09.0200 that was able to customize your flight parameters???

Anyone else with a P3 Standard and currently on 1.09.0200 that was able to customize your flight parameters???
I'll try to do this afternoon. I have the PMCAPPFw3.bin ready to upload. I'll let you know if this works...

What parameters have you modified??... I've modify the new g_config.advanced_function.viechle_license_limit_enable_0 and g_config.advanced_function.driver_license_limit_enable_0.
Also I have modified:
Height limited removal, GPS mode speed change, ATTI mode speed change, Vertical Ascent/descent and finally Noflyzone removal...

Looks like there is a tool now to set the actual values after changing limits, so modifying defaults and then "reset to factory values" should be no longer needed.

Didn't tried it though:
comm_og_service_tool: Implemented FlyC_Param set operation. · o-gs/dji-firmware-tools@3a8f2e8

Is there any information of it??... How we must use it??

I ran into this some time before creating my original post here. But didn't bother to mess with it because of this:

o-gs/dji-firmware-tools

Step by step instruction

Such instruction will not be provided. These tools are for engineers with vast hardware and software knowledge. You need to know what you're doing to achieve anything with these tools.

This is to make sure the tools won't be used by script kiddies to disable security mechanisms and to allow breaking the law.

If you can't understand how the tools work, you should not use them. If any warnings are shown, you must investigate the cause to make sure final firmware will not be damaged. You are using the tools on your own risk.

Very helpful...

I am a software developer but rarely mess with Python and just don't have time to go digging through this guy's repo to figure out how to use it.

In the end, I got tired of messing with the P3 and sold it for several reasons.
1) Couldn't get the speed I wanted out of it
2) Had already sunk too much time into it
3) Even if I did manage to modify the flight params, there was still the matter of the max range it could go without putting more money into the antenna, like an ITElite "box" antenna, or one of those FPVLR helical antennas, which equals more $$$

I have since bought a Mavic Pro, and installed an older/hackable version of their DJI Assistant. It took about 30 minutes to 1 hour to make the necessary software mods and now I have a drone with crazy range, is wicked fast, 4k video, and small enough to fit into a small bag. DEFINITELY worth the investment! Especially if you get a refurb when eBay is offering a coupon worth $50+ more discount.

I ran into this some time before creating my original post here. But didn't bother to mess with it because of this:

Code:
Step by step instruction

Such instruction will not be provided. These tools are for engineers with vast hardware and software knowledge. [....]

Very helpful...

I never even took time to read that paragraph; When reading documentation, I tend to ignore the non-technical stuff.
Looking at this now, It does seem harsh at first. But after some thinking I must say I understand the sentiment.
At least I think I do, because I run into related issues too. The members of OGs group have their personal interests and goals, and the little time they have for their hobby they would rather use to invest if their ideas instead of explaining the basics to non-technical people, over and over.

I don't work at SpaceX, and I was able to just use these tools after reading that README. It's not made to be unobtainable, but to force you to show some, just a little, effort.

Though it is a pity that the easy solution - NoLimitDronez - does not support Ph3 (at the time I'm writing this). That would make a perfect division between people who want to spend time and learn, and those who want to pay for a shortcut.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31