Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Modifying flight parameters of P3 Standard

Discussion in 'Firmware' started by franzcatch, Jun 25, 2018.

1. franzcatch

There are some cool instructional websites/videos for modifying the flight parameters (increasing max speed, range, altitude, ascend/descend speeds, etc), but they always seem to be actually demonstrated on a Advanced or Pro version.

I have a P3 Standard and none of these methods work for me.

Here is one video I tried:

This video links to other websites that show you how to downgrade firmware, etc. Nothing seems to work though.

Has anyone actually successfully done this with a P3 Standard?

2. ianzone

Ummmmmmm be careful,p3s is not a stock car and set up from factory to work and perform nice and safe,trying to get bit extra out of it probly cause a wipe out and then you be moaning at dji for a crapp drone,best advise is not to experiment with any settings unless you a very confident flyer , p3s is a good bird but sounds like you want more,money might be issue for you but instead of possibly wrecking it ,just upgrade to another,or be happy with what you got :) take care

3. franzcatch

I am a very confident flyer. And I won't be complaining to DJI for any modifications that I make.

The mods to the P3P, etc seem pretty straight forward. The process just doesn't seem to work the same for P3S.

I am a software developer by trade - just not Python, but I don't mind to tinker.

Thanks for the concerns though :) .

ianzone likes this.
  4. ianzone

Choice , sorry,Yeh I came up with same vids you display on my searching,couple parameter changing posts but none for p3s I could find,

5. quaddamage

No idea what differences are you talking about. When I used the scripts for P3C, worked as well.

6. franzcatch

Interesting. What firmware did you start with?

Did you downgrade from 1.09.0200, or modify 1.09.0200 directly?

I have tried downgrading, but every time I pull up the DJI Go app it says I still have 1.09.0200 on it. So I then modified 1.09.0200, per the instructions, and am left with a PMCAPPFw3.bin after renaming it. The bin file modification seems to go exactly as prescribed.

However, when I drop PMCAPPFw3.bin onto the memory card and turn on the drone, nothing happens.

#6 franzcatch, Jun 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  7. quaddamage

Why would that matter? I believe I was on P3C_FW_V01.07.0090 when trying it.

I believe this is the name I used, "PMCAPPFw3.bin". Not sure though.

8. franzcatch

According to the instructions, it shouldn't matter. But I am curious if anyone else who started with 1.09.0200 had similar issues. I am suspecting that the firmware I currently have is blocking downgrade, but it could also just be something I am doing wrong of course.

#8 franzcatch, Jun 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  9. franzcatch

Anyone else with a P3 Standard and currently on 1.09.0200 that was able to customize your flight parameters???