Modifications

Hello everyone. I am always in search of new ideas on how to imorove my Phantom 3 Standard. Here's what I have so far. Please share any new ideas you have and I'll try it out. My goal is to simply improve my range and signal penetration. I currently have reached about a 15,000 foot range out. Now I need more ideas!!

ModificationView attachment 88304View attachment 88305s to date:

Ltelite antenna

Two 4 watt 2.4ghz amplifiers

One 4 watt 5.8ghz amplifier

One 12 volt 6000mah power bank

LED glow string

Voltage meter and Step down for LEDs

Two toggle switches to control accessories

View attachment 88302View attachment 88303
I regularly get out over 15000 feet. My farthest is 17000 feet. See attached flight log. Can't find my 17000 foot flight log. Only mod I have is the Itelite RC antenna mod. I don't upgrade firmware or DJI go app. Firmare 1.8.10 DJI go app 3.1.3 using s7 edge. Have 3 drones all PS3. I fly in an unobstructed farm field with no wifi nearby. Love to get out far! Aiming and height is critical to get these distances! Love your set up! I get some strange message when RTH kicks in. I started a thread on that anomally.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-07-03_[11-44-38].txt
    1.2 MB · Views: 263
I simply like to push the limits. My goal is five miles. I have spent 30 dollars for each 2.4ghz amplifier, 60 dollars for the 5.8ghz amplifier, 100 dollars for the antenna, 40 dollars for the battery pack, and probably another 50 dollars on lights and odds and ends. So safe to say around 225 dollars spent. I do have a base station I'm work in on.
Why not just get a Mavic

Hello everyone. I am always in search of new ideas on how to imorove my Phantom 3 Standard. Here's what I have so far. Please share any new ideas you have and I'll try it out. My goal is to simply improve my range and signal penetration. I currently have reached about a 15,000 foot range out. Now I need more ideas!!

ModificationView attachment 88304View attachment 88305s to date:

Ltelite antenna

Two 4 watt 2.4ghz amplifiers

One 4 watt 5.8ghz amplifier

One 12 volt 6000mah power bank

LED glow string

Voltage meter and Step down for LEDs

Two toggle switches to control accessories

View attachment 88302View attachment 88303
Check out this thread Phantom 3S RTH messages I have never seen

Neat! But why do you need a 5.8 GHz amplifier? Didn't know the P3 used that band.
Thanks for posting. That looks like fun and is interesting.
Jim
WA5TEF
the p3s uses 5.8ghz for control and 2.4 ghz for video feed and telemetry feed.

I understand that MapMaker. I have land , that backs is up to my parents land, that also backs up to my aunt's land. All three together create a five mile stretch. I would never fly over someone else's property or belongings or people that far away. It would be way to risky. 5 miles is simply a hobby based goal, no more.
Nice that you have that much land to use. Many of us do not, so overtime we fly we are going over someone's property and out of sight if there are trees.

Folks, remember regardless of the antenna or booster you use you will only be able to go as far as your battery allows. I have been 2.5 miles one way then the RTH kicks in. I'm pretty sure I could go further one way, but you better plan to have someone following. Once that battery expires it's going to land!

Don't worry, I ordered KDE motors, and am installing a nattery mod with battery wings this week.

Cool set up.I fly 7,000 with mine. I still have 100% signal but so much interference here I don't go to much further.

Attachments

• IMG_20170830_141410.jpg
    IMG_20170830_141410.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 229
Jelouse of you paint jobs!!! Im actually going to paint mine today, but im a little worried ill make things worse.

I've invested $22 in Litchi and I can fly my P3S as far as you can with Waypoint Missions and I don't have a heavy remote or base station to lug around,

I also own Litchi. I simply typically like to fly around and decide where to go once I'm up. If I see something I want to stop.and look at, thenthays what i do. When your on a mission if you see something that looks interesting then too bad, your not stoping until your get back home. Kind if defreats the purpose of casual flying. Don't get me wrong, I use Litchi often, but not for long range causal flying.

I bought an itelite DBS antenna and my furtherest range was 13,000-14,000 without all the extra's you added. Im not to crazy about pushing the limit anymore since the app has been crashing on me & sometimes kicks my bird into auto land mode. Thats a hell of a long distance to have to go looking for it on foot if something malfunctions. But to each his own, goodluck & keep flying.

took my P3 4K with DBS out to 12,316 ft over the weekend, flew out over the ocean while on a weekend getaway could have easily gone way further if my Butt wasn't puckered up so tight, turned around for fear of a splash down.

Last edited:
Reactions: KentA

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl