Model (B) remote control distance issue

Reaction score
So I bought a model (B) remote a couple of days ago, upgraded the internals to use my MaxxUAV antenna and now my flight distance is limited to around 3,000 or less feet compared to my model (C) controller.

Plus I was told that the model (B) controller would have better internals/board so it can toss out more power then the newer ones.

Can anyone please help explain WTH is going on?

PS : Flying the same old a$$ area too.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Did you switch it on without the antenna attached ?
If so you probably fried the final output stage.

3000' is definitely a limited range. Something is wrong with the antenna or you have heavy interference at flight site.

I know it's a pain to reverse, but go back to the original antennas and check the range.

Did you switch it on without the antenna attached ?
If so you probably fried the final output stage.

No that's not true. It the tx is toasted, he will get limited to few hundred feet only.

You have to go back in and look. Most likely you have a bad connection / cable. I agree with alok that if you really fried the output stage you wouldn't get 3000 feet.

Also, you do realize that the MaxxUAV antenna is ** very ** directional. You have to point it directly at the aircraft. That's how it gets more range - the antenna trades a short wide pattern for a longer narrower one.

Reactions: Double_DoubleG
You have to go back in and look. Most likely you have a bad connection / cable. I agree with alok that if you really fried the output stage you wouldn't get 3000 feet.

Also, you do realize that the MaxxUAV antenna is ** very ** directional. You have to point it directly at the aircraft. That's how it gets more range - the antenna trades a short wide pattern for a longer narrower one.

Of course I knew that. :)

Also, just to be clear, the 300B and 300C output power difference is negligible unless you are really trying for absolute distance records where you go on the same course under the exact same conditions. You might get a couple of hundred feet at absolute best. In the real world, you aren't going to notice a difference.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl