Mod Moved - Strange Landing Issue

Reaction score
Hi,
I've got a "strange landing". Can someone tell me what happened? Motor failure? Interference?
If you see the video during "landing" or better say during "falling" maybe you can tell me what was wrong, this was after a "signal lost, returning home", and I could not re-take the flight control, besides, I did not have the time to do it. Lucky me I've just taken a vertical flight, otherwise the drone should fall anywhere.

Please check the last 33 seconds of the video at: Phantom3FallingIssue.mp4

Please check Flight Record at: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

The satélites were always there... I really don't know what happened.

The drone went to repair, I've got it back, but I have not tried to fly, scared? yes!

I hope I can hear something from you guys.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Dronero .
Sorry but had to start you a thread as you highjacked an existing one .

Reactions: BigAl07 and Dronero
But, you should be able to kill RTH when you have you bird close enough to you, & then take over/land manually, no?
As far as the falling & what looks like out of control, will take those much more knowledgeable than i to figure this out

Thanks.
No, I could not break the RTH, anyway, it fell down very quick, when I understood the situation I tried once to break the RTH, but nothing happened, then I tried to stop the rotors, but nothing happened, I shout everyone for geting out of the machine’s course, finally fell to a tree.

Yep bad read never good to see,did come down quick ,I had couple which have been able to cancel but it did look like things happen pretty quick that time,sometimes easy to confuse the cancel and ok button on onscreen prompt when rth is happening especially on a small device even have to double check on larger screens,did it have all props on when you got it after crash,anyway it fixed so that good don't be shy and have nother good read of manual ,we all do it,keeps data in you head and helps your reaction to things at hand when they arise,like second nature,have a read get back on that horse and fly,good luck;)

Thanks.
Well, I'm not a very experimented pilot, I know that, so I am always with 5 senses on it; I have practiced on the simulator for long time now, and if you see my records in DJI apps, I have GoV 79,985, which represents my 14:23 flying hours, 62,481 m in 165 flights.
The display I was using is a mini iPad, larger than a phone display, so I do not mix controls, when I tried to break de RTH I did it exactly on the right place on the screen, and if I tried to stop the motors was when the drone was about 5 m from me.
I still don't know what happened.

But, you should be able to kill RTH when you have you bird close enough to you, & then take over/land manually, no?
As far as the falling & what looks like out of control, will take those much more knowledgeable than i to figure this out
I've been able to cancel RTH and re-take control, but when it goes into auto-landing the best I can do is maneuver direction and decent speed. It will not cancel even though I clearly have control.

Hi.
I'm not sure if this file is what you need: 2018-02-05 11_02_37-03Z1460582.dat

As I said before, I'm still learning; if you need anything else, just let me know, please.

Thanks.
That's not the right .DAT. Maybe that one came from the tablet? Anyway, look here to see how to retrieve the right .DAT. It's on the P3 itself

Last edited:
Hi,
I've got a "strange landing". Can someone tell me what happened? Motor failure? Interference?
If you see the video during "landing" or better say during "falling" maybe you can tell me what was wrong, this was after a "signal lost, returning home", and I could not re-take the flight control, besides, I did not have the time to do it. Lucky me I've just taken a vertical flight, otherwise the drone should fall anywhere.

Please check the last 33 seconds of the video at: Phantom3FallingIssue.mp4

Please check Flight Record at: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

The satélites were always there... I really don't know what happened.

The drone went to repair, I've got it back, but I have not tried to fly, scared? yes!

I hope I can hear something from you guys.

Thanks.
Looking at FLY187.DAT and the video there were two intervalss of instability. One at [290, 300] and then at [305, 315 (end of flight)]. The second interval clearly shows CCW rotation which is consistent with reduced propulsion on either the leftBack motor or rightFront motor.
upload_2018-2-26_5-56-51.png

Unfortunately, the P3 Standard doesn't record motor data like speed, and current.This data would help determine if the problem were a broken prop, or an ESC/motor . But it does record the Flight Controller's motor commands which shows the FC trying to correct for the propulsion issue.
upload_2018-2-26_5-59-58.png

Did DJI mention any ESC or motor repair? If this were my P3S I'd be afraid to fly it until it could be confirmed that the motor/ESC had been repaired.

Reactions: Dronero
Thanks.
I’ll go back to DJI, nobody put atention on it, we thouht, I thouht it was some kind of interference.
Thanks again.

Thanks.
Even it runs quite fast, it shows clearly how the flight went and how the fall happened, if it was another situation I would say that it is a beatiful video.
It is a wonderful conversion, anyway.
Thanks again.

Were you flying with others on the same field,with no other source of interference? I’ve had a similar occurrence where another party flying the same type of drone, same or similar channel experience problems due to channels being too close! My other RC aircraft used to experience those issues until they developed spectrum radios.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl