Mission planning for V2 Pro+

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have a question regarding planning missions for photogrammetry using my P4Pro+ v2.0. The built-in controller doesn't seem to let me install any third party apps (ie. UGCS for DJI) and it looks like GS and DJI planner don't support this drone either. How do people use this one for photogrammetry/pre-planned missions?
I did look around the forums but didn't find anything newer than 2018 or specific to the + V2.

Hi All,
I have a question regarding planning missions for photogrammetry using my P4Pro+ v2.0. The built-in controller doesn't seem to let me install any third party apps (ie. UGCS for DJI) and it looks like GS and DJI planner don't support this drone either. How do people use this one for photogrammetry/pre-planned missions?
I did look around the forums but didn't find anything newer than 2018 or specific to the + V2.
So Drone Link and Drone Deploy are some of the very best as well as Litchi.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Phantom in the Rain.

How do people use this one for photogrammetry/pre-planned missions?
They don't.
They would have to buy a regular (non+) controller and a tablet and use that.
Then you can use DroneDeploy or one of the other similar programs to make planning, flying and image acquisition easy.
But make sure you get the controller for a V2.0 because the original and V2.0 use non-compatible transmission systems.

ps Litchi (mentioned above) isn't a mapping program.

I use DJI Pilot.

I also recently purchased P4P+ V2 and have only found trial version of DJI Terra to be able to connect to the bird - via Terra installed on my laptop and cabled to the + RC. Could not connect with Pilot PE loaded on RC.

Was able to mission plan and all seemed good until takeoff - it would only go to height of about 20 feet above ground (had set it for 150 feet agl in Terra) - but it did go to correct path/pattern as shown in Terra. I have not discovered why the Terra AGL setting is not working properly. Tried it in 2 different locations, with same results (would only go to +/- 20 feet agl and start flight path/pattern).

Will try again tomorrow...

I also recently purchased P4P+ V2 and have only found trial version of DJI Terra to be able to connect to the bird - via Terra installed on my laptop and cabled to the + RC. Could not connect with Pilot PE loaded on RC.

Was able to mission plan and all seemed good until takeoff - it would only go to height of about 20 feet above ground (had set it for 150 feet agl in Terra) - but it did go to correct path/pattern as shown in Terra. I have not discovered why the Terra AGL setting is not working properly. Tried it in 2 different locations, with same results (would only go to +/- 20 feet agl and start flight path/pattern).

Will try again later today - to see if I can get correct AGL in the P4P+ V2.0
The Plus RC is a GL300K (with 5.5 inch screen) and it does not accept 3rd party apps - the RC without screen is GL300L and as I understand capable of using 3rd party apps with the android type screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.