Missing P4P. Flew perfect and out of nowhere poof signal dropped and cant

Ok so I was flying my p4p and just fine all year. Until out of nowhere my signal drops and nothing. It was only 100 feet high and 400 feet away but it fell off the face of the earth. Hopefully I can find it today, but I don’t think I’ll have much luck. The air data looks okay to me. Can someone help me with maybe what happened?

You can see a short summary of your flight data here: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

There's not a lot to go on.
Your Phantom was flying ENE at 9mph.
You backed off the right stick 1/10th of a second before the data stopped.

One possibility might be a battery not completely latched, that moved back enough to cut power?

The last location recorded was 31.56097 -89.08275.
The drone should have ended up a little further to the ENE from there.

Reactions: pollack137
Hope you'll find it. It shouldn't be so hard as you can almost see the place 100m ahead of your takeoff point.
If the problem was the battery you must have seen the fall to the ground. Or it maybe landed although hard to believe as data stopped recording mid flight.

Man I really feel bad for you. That really blows. You can't change what happened, focus on trying to locate your drone and let's get you back up in the air. I recommend that you use the Find My Drone function in DJI GO4. Meta4 provided the coordinates which is super helpful. I just think that by using the built-in locator, it will give you a *possibly* more accurate location of the drone and it's easier to display your location relative to the drone's. Since you did experience a loss of power, the application may not provide any GPS coordinates that are more accurate than the one Meta4 described, but it's worth a shot. As you are located far into the sticks, you need the most accurate data possible as it's difficult to find smaller items.

If it is possible, answering these questions might help:

-Do you know of any magnetic interference near your flying location? I noted on the last recorded timeslot of your flight, a message read "Strong wireless interference. Please fly with caution. 94% Battery at maximum distance."
-Even if magnetic interference was present, your craft is equipped with redundant components including the IMU.
-Your flight, including the weather, battery diagnostics, practically every aspect of your flight was perfect. You couldn't have asked for better flying conditions.
-When did you purchase this craft? Was it brand-new? Have you encountered any issues whatsoever regardless (if so) of their relation to this flight?

Good luck man, I really hope you can get this resolved. We're here for you if you need anything. Cheers!

Last edited:
Man I really feel bad for you. That really blows. You can't change what happened, focus on trying to locate your drone and let's get you back up in the air. I recommend that you use the Find My Drone function in DJI GO4. Meta4 provided the coordinates which is super helpful. I just think that by using the built-in locator, it will give you a *possibly* more accurate location of the drone and it's easier to display your location relative to the drone's. Since you did experience a loss of power, the application may not provide any GPS coordinates that are more accurate than the one Meta4 described, but it's worth a shot. As you are located far into the sticks, you need the most accurate data possible as it's difficult to find smaller items.

If it is possible, answering these questions might help:

-Do you know of any magnetic interference near your flying location? I noted on the last recorded timeslot of your flight, a message read "Strong wireless interference. Please fly with caution. 94% Battery at maximum distance."
-Even if magnetic interference was present, your craft is equipped with redundant components including the IMU.
-Your flight, including the weather, battery diagnostics, practically every aspect of your flight was perfect. You couldn't have asked for better flying conditions.
-When did you purchase this craft? Was it brand-new? Have you encountered any issues whatsoever regardless (if so) of their relation to this flight?

Good luck man, I really hope you can get this resolved. We're here for you if you need anything. Cheers!

I did have some IMU errors at my house in Destin Florida. It’s the same as everyone keeps posting about. I thought it was just from all the military bases and airports nearby my house. This happened on my family’s farm though in Mississippi. No cell service, much less WiFi and no interference. I always do my preflight checklists and calibrate everything. No magnetic interference, at that time I was under a tin roof but moved out before I took off and put my airpods and all magnetic things away from my controller even. I spent a good part of my day looking but couldn’t find. I have a Mavic pro to help me tomorrow. So I can really go directly to coordinates. It’s most likely in water. Any ideas on where I can buy a p4p drone only reasonable?

Honestly………could it have been taken out by eagles? They were screwing with me earlier. This makes me feel better at least. What’s more ******* American than that? Hopefully they carried it back to the nest to feed the babies.

sadly 30 minutes later the rest is history.

Reactions: MTO
It would be very easy to see an eagle on a distance of 120m!

The drone wasn’t in my line of sight when it Happened. So I honestly don’t know what did. I was bringing it back Northwest for some sunset pictures. There’s a thicket obstructing my view for only a few seconds and predictably that’s when the incident occurred. Watch the video, those eagles DGAF

Was this filmed at that very flight when the drone was lost or before that.
Anyway the video can give you a hint what might happened. You must have the file on your remote or on the mobile device.

I recommend that you use the Find My Drone function in DJI GO4. Meta4 provided the coordinates which is super helpful. I just think that by using the built-in locator, it will give you a *possibly* more accurate location of the drone .... the application may not provide any GPS coordinates that are more accurate than the one Meta4 described, but it's worth a shot.
It's not worth a shot.
There is no built-in locator for the Find My Drone feature to use.
Find my drone will simply show you the last location that was recorded by the app .. and I've already pointed that out.

Honestly………could it have been taken out by eagles? They were screwing with me earlier. This makes me feel better at least.
Only if they could disconnect the battery without disturbing the drone at all.
Normally a collision is clearly seen in the flight data with sudden severe changes in the pitch roll and yaw data.
The data from this flight ends with the drone perfectly stable and undisturbed by any collision.

I did have some IMU errors at my house in Destin Florida. It’s the same as everyone keeps posting about. I thought it was just from all the military bases and airports nearby my house. This happened on my family’s farm though in Mississippi. No cell service, much less WiFi and no interference. I always do my preflight checklists and calibrate everything. No magnetic interference, at that time I was under a tin roof but moved out before I took off and put my airpods and all magnetic things away from my controller even. I spent a good part of my day looking but couldn’t find. I have a Mavic pro to help me tomorrow. So I can really go directly to coordinates. It’s most likely in water. Any ideas on where I can buy a p4p drone only reasonable?
I suggest checking on this forum under the Classifieds section. You can sometimes find some good deals and AC-only sales. If no luck there, you can always check ebay. Just make sure that you inspect for any potential damage, the usual. Good luck on the search man, the coordinates should be pretty precise so hopefully you'll be able to locate it. If you do find the quad submerged, don't assume it's totaled yet. I suggest going through a few standard protocols in terms of electronic devices and see if you can get it to boot. Just ensure you follow general procedures otherwise you might just make the AC worse. Cheers mate.

Good News! Found it with my bro’s Mavic Pro, which I enjoyed flying. Everything looks pretty intact. Except a few bent propellers.

Bad News is been submerged under muddy swamp water for two whole days.

Can it be Salvaged at all? It cleaned it out with some clean water(because why not it’s already wet) and wiped it out and now it’s drying under a light fan. I guess we will find out more soon. Anyone have experience with soaked P4Ps?

1585995026476.jpeg

when you check the DJI website for compatible devices only one device is 100% and the rest are very low, I believe the non compatibility of most devices are the culprit for drone happenings, this is why I went to the built in + screen

Good News! Found it with my bro’s Mavic Pro, which I enjoyed flying. Everything looks pretty intact. Except a few bent propellers.

Can it be Salvaged at all? It cleaned it out with some clean water(because why not it’s already wet) and wiped it out and now it’s drying under a light fan. I guess we will find out more soon. Anyone have experience with soaked P4Ps?

View attachment 117919
Was the battery in it when you found it?

View attachment 117919
Great wet or dry at least you find it ;),dont rush trying to turn on , let it dry out properly, nice humid place for it to rest,,even open the shell to air out the boards ,,good luck

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl