Missing Fotos

Reaction score
Hi,

Made a test on mapping using the P4P today and GS Pro.
Everything went well, but when doind photogrammetry with Agisoft I noticed,
a lot of photos missing in the center of the path. I attach a picture from agisoft showing the foto positions.
Any suggestions why the fotos in center are missing?

Martin

3eb767c6cafa0ddc665b78fc414564b9.jpg

Last edited:
Not used that package but my experience of pix4d capture (and also litchi Pano mode) is that missed photos have disappeared since I started using really fast sd card.

I have used the original one. Time between fotos was set to be 5 seconds. Seems to be not the issue.

Martin

I have used the original one. Time between fotos was set to be 5 seconds. Seems to be not the issue.

Martin
I've had missing photos using GSP and from Pix4D Capture. Can't explain exactly why it would happen, but we think we might have narrowed it down to our iPad overheating. It doesn't seem like it should have anything to do with it, but it might be the issue. We've tried faster cards, too, but it didn't seem to help. The apps always say that they're getting all of the photos, but it doesn't turn out that way. If the job is more than 30 minutes from us, we verify the photos before leaving the site.

Reactions: mdaemon
we did the survey with 2 P4P and 2 ipads. i was flying at low speed (3m/s), my fried at higher speed (5m/s). I was flying east west, he did north south. I missed the fotos in the 3rd row, he missed nothing. My Ipad was on lower power (about 40%), his was full.
i have one with tlefone card, he uses only wifi. Maybe this could be an issue.
I will have a look on the ipad settings.

regards
Martin

we did the survey with 2 P4P and 2 ipads.
Sounds like you probably have enough photos to create your model, but it can be frustrating to miss so many images and not know why. We had many more issues using Pix4DCapture, so we stopped using that altogether. GSP has been more stable and we might miss a few images here and there, but we've only had a couple of instances where an entire line gets missed.

I also use the audio and listen for the photo snapshots as the P4P is flying. If I don't hear the shutter sound for a while, then I stop the mission and repeat the line. This seems to work best for GSP and not Pix4D because Pix4DCapture will continue to make the shutter sound, even if the photos are not being taken. In GSP, you only get a click when the photo is taken, so it's a handy tool to use.

yes, we did atest flight in anarea, i surveyed 2 years ago with microkopter. we did a test without gcps, just for fun.

I will have an eye on the fotos as you wrote. And will try the map pilot app next time.

thx for the help.
Martin

Hi Martin,
I am having the same problem with my DJI Phanton 4 PRO using Litchi and an Android tablet. I am using the latest firmware version. I understand from the tech guys at DJI that it is a firmware problem you are having with the latest release. It will be rectified, so I am told with the next release of firmware. I am also using the same setup with a P3 with no problems. Hope this helps.
Alf

Reactions: mdaemon
Hi Alf,

yes it helps, as it seems to be a reliable reason. I am lloking forward to get some update.
I will come back, as I got my austro control permission today to use the P4P commercial.

regards
Martin

I have been dealing with the same problem with my P4A, using DJI´s GSpro app. The camera stops shooting for no reason. I have to be aware of the click sound for every photo and when I notice it goes out of rythm and hear no click, then I shut manually. I have tested many solutions and still happens. Seems like it has to do with changes with light reflected from certain surfaces, it happened twice ove small ponds and dusty pale roads. I hope the next firmware upgrade fixes it.

i made 2 flights last week and had no problem. looking on thr location of the shots, there some delayed pictures (agisoft), but no missing fotos.

i keep an eye on it.
Martin

hi Folks, had 2 flights problems with the camera, as it stopped work during the flight. After activating wifi and handy connection including bluetooth on the ipad everything went well. No idea why, but it changed the situation. First time (when started the thread), handy connection and wifi was also deactivated (fly modes).Pleas check also. Martin

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik