Might be a dumb question:

Reaction score
If I press the home lock while in flight, does that set the home point to where I am or where my P3a is? I ask because I just lost mine. I was on a waypoint mission, over water :( , and I wanted to change the home point to where I currently was, not where I had mapped. A couple minutes later my video looked like I hit something, water? , and then I lost connection. Would hitting home lock cause it to land? Was this user error or should I try and look at the flight log?

Thanks,

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

If I press the home lock while in flight, does that set the home point to where I am or where my P3a is? I ask because I just lost mine. I was on a waypoint mission, over water :( , and I wanted to change the home point to where I currently was, not where I had mapped. A couple minutes later my video looked like I hit something, water? , and then I lost connection. Would hitting home lock cause it to land? Was this user error or should I try and look at the flight log?

Thanks,

Mike
Let's clarify a couple of things here. Home Lock is a way which you can select so as not to lose orientation when you rotate your drone in flight.

Return to Home (RTH) is an option which you can ask your drone to return to the home point which has been automatically saved on startup - or subsequently - or maybe it will happen automatically under certain circumstances.

Before we go further, which do you mean? And which graphics/buttons did you actually press?

What app were you using? Litchi or another? All additional supporting info will be welcome!! :)

And again before we go further, please upload your flight log from your device here:- https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ and then post the resulting link back here. Then I expect people will be able to advise you about what went wrong/what didn't go right with your flight.

Last edited:
Hey Steve -

It was home lock. I was using litchi and I programmed it into the C1 button. I mistakenly thought it would update my home location.

How do I get my litchi log? Also, it's on healthy drones, will that have any relevant info?

Thanks for the help :)

Mike

Hey Steve -

It was home lock. I was using litchi and I programmed it into the C1 button. I mistakenly thought it would update my home location.

How do I get my litchi log? Also, it's on healthy drones, will that have any relevant info?

Thanks for the help :)

Mike

Home Lock is not Return to Home, as explained above... It's better to upload the Litchi .csv file flight log to the link I gave above,as that will give a lot more information (more than Healthy Drones) to members here, once you have posted the resultant link.

You can find your Litchi log on your monitoring device, tablet or phone, at (device name)(internal storage)/LitchiApp/flightlogs/ or something like that... That's on Android anyway....

For info, here's an explanation of what Home Lock does:-

Last edited:
here's the link to the log: Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
it looks like it started going down at 12min 6.6 sec. if anyone can decipher why, please let me know!

thanks!

mike
OK, Mike - thanks for following my various requests for info. I know a bit - but I'm not an expert.... I'll have a look.... but I expect several here, probably more knowledgeable than I, will be able to give you some insight into what happened.... ;)

To change the homepoint there is a button in the Dji app, one is to set it to the crafts current position and the other is to set the homepoint to the position of the controller( only works with a phone that has GPs ) there is no way to set the C buttons to do this.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl