Mid Air Hiccup.

I had to look cause it had been so long since I upgraded or even connected the a/c to the computer... I'm on 3.06!

I think this was the TBE/Mag.Dec. fix???

Don't know. Before my time. Hell, I didn't know what TBE was until 2 days ago. :D

Mine came with 3.08. Thanks to the wise folks here, it will be there until there is a good reason to change it. :cool:

Ya just had to mention the beaches, didn't ya? :(

N.E. on the Bighorns.
www.wynotweb.com there's a few pics here.

BIMFR (boy is my face red). The connectivity problem was a bad powered usb hub. Plugged into the front of the computer and it connects like love bugs. Also, I took one of my old batteries and plugged it in to test and realized that it went in and came out MUCH smoother than my newest battery (the one I was flying with). I'll bet that the battery IS the problem. I will see why it is so difficult to get in and out tomorrow. Also I checked my firmware version and am unclear what the screen means. I guess the one I care about is the "main controller" and I am at 3.04 and it says there are no new updates. Not sure were all this 3.10 and 3.08 stuff fits into the picture.

Maybe origami is not in my future.

I've seen some pretty cool origami ****. :D

Glad to see some progress. Only a few here will get the love bug comment. LMAO.

Hopefully that battery change will fix the all red lights.

Check the battery contacts in the Phantom. The mount can break where it is screwed down.

Fool me twice....
I checked out the problem and could not duplicate it. Flew increasing height as my confidence grew, and with a different battery. (97% life left), fully charged, I took it to the woods and went up to 150 meters and hovered for a bit. I started yaw left and the motors shut down. As I was falling, I restarted the motors but it had fallen too far and hit a tree and then the ground. Broke one of the landing gear, a gimbal plate, and a prop. I think all is repairable, but I can't figure this out.

It only seems to happen at altitude, but that's where I fly.

Sneeze

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some guys with the P2 talk of flight data. I don't remember what it is called, but it's virtually a flight data recorder. Does your bird have that capability?
Do you have video of the moment of failure.

And, with tongue in cheek I ask... Can you please stop yawing left? :rolleyes:

Fool me twice....
I checked out the problem and could not duplicate it. Flew increasing height as my confidence grew, and with a different battery. (97% life left), fully charged, I took it to the woods and went up to 150 meters and hovered for a bit. I started yaw left and the motors shut down. As I was falling, I restarted the motors but it had fallen too far and hit a tree and then the ground. Broke one of the landing gear, a gimbal plate, and a prop. I think all is repairable, but I can't figure this out.

Sneeze

You must have a short memory because yawing to the left is what happened the first time. But the sad fact is this time it came down.

Last edited:
You must have a short memory because yawing to the left is what happened the first time. But the sad fact is this time it came down.

Really Jason? Funny but I wouldn't have said that, at least until he had it flying again... :eek: I can't help laughing every time I read it. Please don't do that again. The mans bird is down and I shouldn't be laughing. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I wonder if something is coming loose, well... came loose as a result of the yaw. Everything wants to stay where it is and then everything is resisting the acceleration to the left. At least that's what Einstein (I think it was him) said.

Got any loose screws crchisholm? No pun intended.

Really Jason? Funny but I wouldn't have said that, at least until he had it flying again... :eek: I can't help laughing every time I read it. Please don't do that again. The mans bird is down and I shouldn't be laughing. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I wonder if something is coming loose, well... came loose as a result of the yaw. Everything wants to stay where it is and then everything is resisting the acceleration to the left. At least that's what Einstein (I think it was him) said.

Got any loose screws crchisholm? No pun intended.

No sense in beating round the bush. Right now is not the time to be looking for a screw loose maybe it would sound better if I said loose screw.

The only reason you wouldn't have said it is because you're not me.

Reactions: IflyinWY
This thread is fun, and I'm learning sumpin too. :D
Hey IflyinWY where abouts in wyoming ate ya im heading up to Cody wyoming towards the end of july any restrictions on flying around there, that you know of, sure would like to take the bird up into yellowstone but might be some restrictions in the park not sure

Ha Ha, I laugh in your general direction Squiddley. One of the first morons to get nailed in the U.S. dropped his drone into a little pond in Yellowstone. Don't even have one in the trunk of your car when you drive through. You'll be in Prison for 50 years. Slight exaggeration, but do you get my drift?

I've got more for you later. I've spent lots of time in Cody. You can try to work something out with the nightly rodeo... that would be fun to watch.

Ya I figured it would be something like that , love cody this will be my 3rd time there, third summer in a row ...been to the rodeo twice, july will be the 3rd,,,,, love that place

Yep, you can have it. Street lights, stop lights, traffic, the best steak on the planet.

Jason: you really know how to rip a guys heart out and use it for a woopy cushion, don't you? :(. That's all right, I will be laughing about it too in 20 or 30 years.

IflyinWY: no to data logging and yes to video. I will probobly post it hear later today.

The final tally of broken parts (at least until I try to put it back in the air)...
1 broken prop, both landing gear, 1 FPV tx, I mushroom antenna, 1 compass cable, and an h3-3d with a bent frame (about 3 degrees off vertical)

I've ordered the non-FPV parts and am trying to figure out how to straighten the gimbal frame without making things worse.

Origami is looking a lot better just now....and cheaper.

Fool me twice....

Sneeze

I feel a little bit guilty after I wrote you that is was a warning signal, and there you go. Can you take the cover off like I did and have a look inside?
Maybe it's just a bad wiring.

You were right and I think I did take it seriously, but not sure what I should have done differently. I did pop the top and went over all the wiring looking for weak or questionable connections or wires. I even fired it up with no props and the top off and gently poked around looking for any change in the motor noise. Then, for a week or so, I tried to emulate the flight pattern just before the problem, but t a lower altitude, the was no sign of an issue. Then I took it up progressively higher over the course of several days. Just before this flight, I took it up about 100 meters and had no problem. Next flight, disaster.. I think that once your over 75 or 100 feet, it may as well be a mile. (With my limited understanding of physics). I am open to suggestion, but clearly my best diagnostics were not up to the task,

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik