Mid Air Hiccup.

There have been quite a few people posting up with video evidence of their phantom P2 kicking violently to the right or left. Sometimes the phantom then rockets to the ground at 45 degrees.
The reason is unclear, speculation includes everything from UFOs to compass or Esc.

This instance doesn't seem that it would be related the compass or ecs as the motors shut off completely. I probobly would rule out UFO's as well....just too creepy. The idea of a power problem I guess begs the question of why the video seems to be uninterrupted. At this point, I am suspicious of the f/c, but I can't say that makes a lot of sense either.

I am hoping to post the video here soon, but I am trying to get a good slow-mo that might show something worth suspicion.

I did not see in the thread if you connected the Phantom at the assistant software e made the calibration. Same also for the RX. Strange always on the left. It seems to me to be a one motor failure (seems to be the back left one as it turns over itself). Maybe you should try to simulate it in the house (without propellers) moving it etc.

Yes, the IMU calibration was performed the day before.. Also, I always go up to about 3 meters and let it hover for a minute or so to make sure the compass and gyros seem to be working ok. And when I go to the woods, I always do the calibration dance just to be sure.

I did notice that the left front motor seems to be very slightly warmer than the others. It wasn't enough to register concern other than to check it a couple times. (very slight difference)

I thought about ordering another motor, but I need to kind of spread this stuff out. I am on fixed retirement income and this is turning out to be an expensive hobby for my small wallet. Maybe I can look into replacing that motor next month, but no more flying higher than a few feet until I get this figured out.

It's a full on power failure. No lights on the LEDs, motors shut off. Most likely a defective battery. Send the video to DJI and tell them they need to pay for the repairs and give you a different battery. Don't accept anything less.

Well, here I sit, almost two months after packaging the quad, gimbal and battery up and sending it off to DJI. According to the RMA email, it takes four or five weeks to get the thing into their system, then another four or five weeks to actually do anything. Oh well.....couldn't fly it anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20