Microsoft ICE

• Thread starter Deleted member 109724
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 109724

Hey everyone! I have a great program I found, and it is free! Unfortunately, it's only for Windows. But, that's not a problem for me! This free program is very good for stitching panoramas. Look up download Microsoft ICE, and try it! Unfortunately, you have to convert the dng files from your Phantom to TIFF in lightroom. ICE doesn't like Phantom dngs. Anyway, it's my favorite program for stitching panoramas from my drone and my DSLR. Here is an example of 8 pictures from a Phantom 3 standard's lower quality camera, creating a 50 mp picture.

1528265769356.jpg

Pretty good IMHO...

ICE is a great (and often overlooked) program. It's not supported anymore but still very useful. You can use it to make instant little planets as well as other pano perspectives (useful if your phantom doesn't have the pano feature like the P4P)

Hey everyone! I have a great program I found, and it is free! Unfortunately, it's only for Windows. But, that's not a problem for me! This free program is very good for stitching panoramas. Look up download Microsoft ICE, and try it! Unfortunately, you have to convert the dng files from your Phantom to TIFF in lightroom. ICE doesn't like Phantom dngs. Anyway, it's my favorite program for stitching panoramas from my drone and my DSLR. Here is an example of 8 pictures from a Phantom 3 standard's lower quality camera, creating a 50 mp picture.

View attachment 99785

Pretty good IMHO...
Yep - been mentioned here 'a few' times before :) Search Results for Query: microsoft ice | DJI Phantom Drone Forum

I've used it in the past but now mainly use PTGui. But the difference is (as you say) that ICE is FREE, whereas the paid version of PTGui (finished result is without a watermark) is not..... That's got to be good.... :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj