MIA Lives On, well, sort of......

Reaction score
Dirk had no use for the bottom half of MIA's shell so he sent it to me for my silly project. When you are retired projects keep you from going nuts. But, maybe in this case, I went nuts to make this "thing."
Dr Frankenstein took many parts and made his monster. Well, I thought I should have a monster also.
So, I made a monster.
When you live in Michigan and never really know when you may get a nice day to go and fly, you may end up with batteries that are at full charge. If two of your three batteries are ones that can not be up graded and you don't want a full battery to sit around for days on end, you need a dis-charger. So Dr. Frank makes his monster.
MIA lower shell, small piece of alumimun, a fuse holder, a few screws, an old computer fan, a power resistor, and time to kill make up a list of parts. The monster draws .96 amps and does take some time to bring a battery down to 1/2 charge. With the fan, I could change the resistor and draw more, but it works OK.
Dr. "F" has his, I have mine.........

Attachments

• 100_0396.JPG
    100_0396.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 431
  • 100_0397.JPG
    100_0397.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 367
  • 100_0398.JPG
    100_0398.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 364
Pretty cool! Well done.

But I don't want to go on the cart.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well done Happy. I was wondering where you've been.
Can we put the "Hula Girl" on top of the fan and watch the skirt blow in the breeze... :cool:

Ha Ha, She would spin off for sure.
Been busy with things. If/when the weather gets better the out doors work will start up big. I have lots to do just at the road shoulder. Lots of stone and sand from the Winter in the front yard that will take time to clean up. Four trees to take down, one BIG. An upstairs, not mine, to paint, so, going to be busy.....

Ha Ha, She would spin off for sure.
Been busy with things. If/when the weather gets better the out doors work will start up big. I have lots to do just at the road shoulder. Lots of stone and sand from the Winter in the front yard that will take time to clean up. Four trees to take down, one BIG. An upstairs, not mine, to paint, so, going to be busy.....
What that's only a days worth of work :p:D

Reactions: dirkclod
Hey Happy,
What makes you smile? Is it shoveling gravel from the drive, or is it flying and chatting with us? :D

What that's only a days worth of work :p:D
Correct! The other 6 days are for resting. You have to remember, I'm retired.....
What makes me smile????? Well, 6 digits that match what was drawn in the lottery would help my horrible financial status. 5 for one of them would be OK........

Reactions: dirkclod
Correct! The other 6 days are for resting. You have to remember, I'm retired.....
What makes me smile????? Well, 6 digits that match what was drawn in the lottery would help my horrible financial status. 5 for one of them would be OK........
And when ya get em remember who Luv's ya :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31