Mesa Arizona

Reaction score
Flew my 4 in Apache Juntion AZ, and with all of the mesas and iron everywhere and the magnetic interference, the copter was always acting weird. Always disconnected around 2000 feet.
Anybody experience this? It is around Mesa.

Never and flew many times in Mesa.

I've flown to the top of Superstition at Apache Junction, 3000' high with my P4P, no problems if I have LOS connection.

Can you clarify the "weird" symptoms you're having? If it's simply disconnecting, do you have your iPad/Android device Wifi turned off? Leaving it on will interfere with your video link when flying 2.4Ghz. On a P4, consider choosing quiet custom channel, and reducing the bit rate to 4Gbps, along with installing a windsurfer. I have much better distance performance using an Inspire 1 controller with my P4.

I've flown to the top of Superstition at Apache Junction, 3000' high with my P4P, no problems if I have LOS connection.

Can you clarify the "weird" symptoms you're having? If it's simply disconnecting, do you have your iPad/Android device Wifi turned off? Leaving it on will interfere with your video link when flying 2.4Ghz. On a P4, consider choosing quiet custom channel, and reducing the bit rate to 4Gbps, along with installing a windsurfer. I have much better distance performance using an Inspire 1 controller with my P4.

Thank you John, all good suggestions. Yes, disconnection was the major problem, plus RTH was taking a scary long time to kick in. I am not sure about the wifi, but that makes sense. A quiet custom channel is news to me. How does one go about doing that?

John, I hiked to the top of Silly Mountain. Don't know why the call it that but it was great scenery.

I am not sure about the wifi, but that makes sense. A quiet custom channel is news to me. How does one go about doing that?
Click the HD icon. In that screen you'll see button that says custom or auto. That screen also shows the activity of each of the 2.4Ghz channels. The least activity is what to look for. When you select custom channel, select the channel with least traffic. After that you will see a setting option for "Transmission Quality" appear. Slide the bar down to the minimum of 4mbps. Then use a windsurfer on your antennas. Those tips should help maximize your range. That said, my experience with the P4, using the GL300C always exhibited less than expected performance, based on what I got from my P3P (much better range). Because of that I started using an Inspire controller because it performed like my P3P with about 3mi range.

Click the HD icon. In that screen you'll see button that says custom or auto. That screen also shows the activity of each of the 2.4Ghz channels. The least activity is what to look for. When you select custom channel, select the channel with least traffic. After that you will see a setting option for "Transmission Quality" appear. Slide the bar down to the minimum of 4mbps. Then use a windsurfer on your antennas. Those tips should help maximize your range. That said, my experience with the P4, using the GL300C always exhibited less than expected performance, based on what I got from my P3P (much better range). Because of that I started using an Inspire controller because it performed like my P3P with about 3mi range.
Thank you John, I will look into that right away. I have windsurfers. I truly appreciate the advice!!!

Let me know if you need help through the settings.

What is an Inspire controller?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik