Maybe I should buy .....

Reaction score
Hey guys, brand new to drones and was all set to pick up the P3S at Sam's next week during their 12 hour sale, $379. I currently have $500 cash to go towards a drone and I can save more, that shouldn't take me to long. My question is should I wait and pick up a higher end Phantom or maybe even the Mavic? Do you think I will regret the standard purchase? Does anyone have any information on a Black Friday sale where I could get the pro a little cheaper? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Wait and pick up a P3A. Lots of threads on here about people loving the Advanced. You get a lot more for the money.

Reactions: JohnnyB
Advanced is the Best Buy in the P3 lineup. Dont get anything less than the pro. Big sales coming up soon hold tight.

Hey guys, brand new to drones and was all set to pick up the P3S at Sam's next week during their 12 hour sale, $379. I currently have $500 cash to go towards a drone and I can save more, that shouldn't take me to long. My question is should I wait and pick up a higher end Phantom or maybe even the Mavic? Do you think I will regret the standard purchase? Does anyone have any information on a Black Friday sale where I could get the pro a little cheaper? Any thoughts are appreciated.

I'll second Reed on that about get an Advanced.

I think you will regret buying the standard in a few months. Initially you won't but when you start wanting to venture out farther you will wish you had a lightbridge equipped bird. So yes get a higher end Phantom

I have the standard and wasn't in love with the range. I picked up the advanced and am so happy with it. If it wasn't for the mavic pro I wouldn't even consider another drone.
I think you will regret buying the standard in a few months. Initially you won't but when you start wanting to venture out farther you will wish you had a lightbridge equipped bird. So yes get a higher end Phantom

Kind of an overwhelming response which makes me think I should wait. I really appreciate the response guys. What price range is the advance?

What price range is the advance?
You can get one for $699 here on Amazon right now. If you see a price less than that, it's most likely being sold by a seller that is not an authorized DJI dealer. Most dealers are selling the P3A for $799 right now.

Awesome, thanks for the advice guys. What do you guys think about black Friday? I could always wait and see I guess. I'm not sure if one of the online stores, maybe even Amazon would have it cheaper. Thanks again, I love this site.

"Best buy" doesn't mean "best drone". $379 is a stellar deal, but the capabilities of the P3P, even the P3A, are far enough beyond the P3S that I think you would be ultimately disappointed with the Standard.

you may want to check this out:
Refurbished: DJI Phantom 3 Professional Quadcopter with 4K Camera + Extra New Battery - Newegg.com

Thanks everyone. phxbird57 thanks for the link. What is the opinion of a refurbed drone? Has anyone here done that or should it be avoided? Is this a respected company and what about a warranty? Brand new here guys and not sure what the best thing to do is. I can do the refurb price right now. Any help is greatly appreciated. Any thoughts as well.

Thanks everyone. phxbird57 thanks for the link. What is the opinion of a refurbed drone? Has anyone here done that or should it be avoided? Is this a respected company and what about a warranty? Brand new here guys and not sure what the best thing to do is. I can do the refurb price right now. Any help is greatly appreciated. Any thoughts as well.
Newegg is one of DJI's auth. dealers and the nice thing is it calls with a DJI warr. from how I understand.

Yeah, seems that way as I have been doing some reading over there. This looks like the way to go. I have sent an email to DJI asking them a few questions but I am thinking I'm going this way. Thanks a bunch for posting this and I still would like to hear from anyone with experience doing this.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic