MaxxUAV.com now carries ItElite Antennas!

Poor guy, I feel bad that it took like 5-6 emails between us for a $18 sale but you all were right, he's a nice guy and has won me over. I ordered the better cables (8" ones) and he wanted to be sure I was aware, which I was but it seems a bit shorter, not sure maybe 6" ones for the way I did the mod.

I did it The old fashioned way with the drill holes then I put plugs in the top, I couldn't stand them being open to dirt and debris and looked dumb too, plus I forever modded the remote, anyway, off the point.

So yeah, I'd seen his EVO setup before, but the more I look at it, the better the price gets, just for materials and cables and all that, is like $160 for Sunhans boosters, $30 bracket and figure at least $30 for the battery (I'll have to dbl check, the better battery version may be a tad more) leaves him like $30 margin for the cables and putting it all together, so its competitive for sure and doubt you can save any $ by parting it out yourself, and hope I squeeze one in in a few months, my wife is already pissed so it'll take at least that long to spend $250 on a part for one of my hobbies.

what a bunch of spaghettie on such a clean radio. i dont like these amplified setups :/ hope the version without amps is going to be sufficient. double the range/penetration would already suffice.
The EVO setup is pretty nice looking, but cabling does add some spaghetti but hey, your pumping out 6w with top shelf boosters

Reactions: barnibar
what a bunch of spaghettie on such a clean radio. i dont like these amplified setups :/ hope the version without amps is going to be sufficient. double the range/penetration would already suffice.

Just trying to help another person here....and I get this kind of response??? Nice! Thanks for your opinion that I did not ask for.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Just trying to help another person here....and I get this kind of response??? Nice! Thanks for your opinion that I did not ask for.
Well you are using a public forum, this is all about opinions and discussion :)
In any case i'm glad if it works for you!

Poor guy, I feel bad that it took like 5-6 emails between us for a $18 sale but you all were right, he's a nice guy and has won me over. I ordered the better cables (8" ones) and he wanted to be sure I was aware, which I was but it seems a bit shorter, not sure maybe 6" ones for the way I did the mod.

I did it The old fashioned way with the drill holes then I put plugs in the top, I couldn't stand them being open to dirt and debris and looked dumb too, plus I forever modded the remote, anyway, off the point.

So yeah, I'd seen his EVO setup before, but the more I look at it, the better the price gets, just for materials and cables and all that, is like $160 for Sunhans boosters, $30 bracket and figure at least $30 for the battery (I'll have to dbl check, the better battery version may be a tad more) leaves him like $30 margin for the cables and putting it all together, so its competitive for sure and doubt you can save any $ by parting it out yourself, and hope I squeeze one in in a few months, my wife is already pissed so it'll take at least that long to spend $250 on a part for one of my hobbies.

The thing I don't like about drilling is you have made it permanent and lost the option to go back. Also If you get sick of the extra weight or you just want to quickly fly, a couple of omni directional antennas can nicely fit. Yours would still probably fit but might not get good maneuverability to position them if you decided to use them as yours is now directly on top.

I am yet to test the DBS mod, but the controller is now heavier and unbalanced when using it with an ipad mini. How do people cope with the extra weight of it leaning forward?

I'm talking with just the unboosted setup adds the extra weight at the front.

Well you are using a public forum, this is all about opinions and discussion

Yes...and such a great way to make use of this public forum! Help someone out...and get shot down for doing so.

BTW....If you read carefully, you would've seen that it was an "OLD" setup. Why? Because I didn't like it and have since modified the setup. Is that what that opinion/discussion was about? NO! It was about the antenna and the case that someone asked for.

I apologize to everyone that has to read through all this crap just to find the answers to what your searching for.

Looking for images, availability and pricing for the clean install version.
Should be getting the cables in mid next-week and have them available for purchase by the end of the week. I haven't worked out pricing yet. Attached is a preview

Attachments

• upload_2016-4-13_17-12-33.png
    upload_2016-4-13_17-12-33.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 397
Last edited:
Yes...and such a great way to make use of this public forum! Help someone out...and get shot down for doing so.

BTW....If you read carefully, you would've seen that it was an "OLD" setup. Why? Because I didn't like it and have since modified the setup. Is that what that opinion/discussion was about? NO! It was about the antenna and the case that someone asked for.

I apologize to everyone that has to read through all this crap just to find the answers to what your searching for.
You are taking my posts way too serious and insulting lol. I apologise as well for this guy being too sensitive^^ xD

Should be getting the cables in mid next-week and have them available for purchase by the end of the week. I haven't worked out pricing yet. Attached is a preview
Got my antenna today Jake! Thanks a bunch. Just send me the upgrade when you get it buddy. I'm gonna wait to install until I get it for sure. Like not drilling holes in the case if don't have to. Thx for the super quick delivery on the antenna btw!

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
Got my antenna today Jake! Thanks a bunch. Just send me the upgrade when you get it buddy. I'm gonna wait to install until I get it for sure. Like not drilling holes in the case if don't have to. Thx for the super quick delivery on the antenna btw!
Will do man! I'm just as ready to get those cables as everyone else haha!

I am yet to test the DBS mod, but the controller is now heavier and unbalanced when using it with an ipad mini. How do people cope with the extra weight of it leaning forward?

I'm talking with just the unboosted setup adds the extra weight at the front.
I use the zero gravity harness. I can't fly without it now , it's awesome. Completely balances all the weight and I don't even need my hands to hold the controller .

I use the zero gravity harness. I can't fly without it now , it's awesome. Completely balances all the weight and I don't even need my hands to hold the controller .

The ones I find online indicate Phantom 3. I assume it will work for the Phantom 4?

Also, anyone in Canada own one of these and what is the least expensive sources to buy and ship one up here?

I think I'm going to need one after Ed gets finished modding my Elite that Jake has shipped.

Regards
Doug

The ones I find online indicate Phantom 3. I assume it will work for the Phantom 4?
Yes -- the remote controller is the same size.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumperswaves