MaxxUAV.com now carries ItElite Antennas!

Doug,

I'm a retired soldier and I had no problems figuring it out...if you're not comfortable sending it stateside (I understand the issues with customs etc.) you could send me your controller, to Alberta (I'll be there in a week or so) and I would install it for you, I've done four to date and have all the proper tooling etc.

Brian

Very kind of you Brian ...

There might be another Phantom 4 owner a little closer where I could drive to them etc.

I'll follow up if I can't find a closer solution ..

Regards,
Doug

Last edited:
Jake i prefer a clean install so could you tell me if you could sell me these blue cables please?:)
And what are the plugs and lengths of these cables so i can maybe search for them myself?
I could not find anywhere selling the cables I'm having made. I had to get them custom made from China. I will hopefully have a new clean install option available by the end of next week.

Reactions: Santiego
So, does this mod help with video feed as well as control? With my P4 I fly in an area that is heavily wooded. If I fly low ( <200 ft) I lose video at about 1600-1700 feet away. Will this help the video feed punch through the trees and allow a little more distance?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

So, does this mod help with video feed as well as control? With my P4 I fly in an area that is heavily wooded. If I fly low ( <200 ft) I lose video at about 1600-1700 feet away. Will this help the video feed punch through the trees and allow a little more distance?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Yep, it helps video and control!

what are the lengths of those cables? I can also try to custom order them :)
And do we need different plugs or can we use the stock antenna slots to fit the current cables?

OR - you could help support a business which is proving itself to have excellent customer service and good products. Why would you ask an entrepreneur to help you purchase something from someone else? Seems a bit rude...

Reactions: BigAl07
OR - you could help support a business which is proving itself to have excellent customer service and good products. Why would you ask an entrepreneur to help you purchase something from someone else? Seems a bit rude...
because he is in the USA and im in europe. i already got the set from a retailer in my country the netherlands. If i buy from him it would take 2 weeks to arrive and i would have to pay tax.
I'm just asking for the cable lengths and if the cables go right in the original antenna plastic or if we need different plugs. We are all here to help each other right?:)

Fair enough. But there is a simple solution for you - if you already have the set, you can measure the distance you need to go from an rc connector to the antenna. Add in a couple cm of some slack, and boom! There you have a length you can ask to be custom made. Because Maxxuav appears to have the cables custom made from a manufacturer in China - I would imagine that it would probably take more than 2 weeks for you to get in contact with a manufacturer, make the cables, and send them to you. And it is probably more expensive than just buying them and paying a nominal tax on something that is a few dollars, notwithstanding the fact that you already paid for the mod itself...just sayin'

because he is in the USA and im in europe. i already got the set from a retailer in my country the netherlands. If i buy from him it would take 2 weeks to arrive and i would have to pay tax.
I'm just asking for the cable lengths and if the cables go right in the original antenna plastic or if we need different plugs. We are all here to help each other right?:)

And do we need different plugs or can we use the stock antenna slots to fit the current cables?
I don't have the exact length available. I'm traveling for business this week and will be back home on Friday. I'll also list them on the website at that time.

I don't have the exact length available. I'm traveling for business this week and will be back home on Friday. I'll also list them on the website at that time.
thanks and no problem. Can you put the cables through the original antenna slots and screw them tight in there?

Hi Ed ..:)

That's great !!... much appreciated..

I'm over in Ballantrae, just north of Stouffville...

Regards,
Doug

ps: Should I order the DJI - Evo Kit Plus and set of the High Quality Antenna Cables RG402 (8.75" or 22cm) ?
Hi Doug,
You are about a half hour away from me so the distance is not an issue. Regardless of the kit you get, I would get those cables. I have learned that cables do not like tight bends. That's the issue I'm having right now.

The Evo Kit plus is the be all end all kit that would get you the most range and penetration possible I believe.

You could always start with the Itelite Antenna panel kit first to see how that works out. You only have to modify the transmitter once and can add the amps later.

That said, I highly recommend you wait for Jake's clean install kit. I ordered the 3D printed antenna posts which I'm sure will be fine, but I'll be getting the clean install kit once it's released this week hopefully.

Whatever you decide, I will mod your transmitter for you. It doesn't take me long as I have modded a few so far.

Ed

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I agree, this is what it looks like
2f371c2a121688731fa0183d70b61614.jpg
60ec738ae34872c2efbd4318d2fded5c.jpg
2fa0945271507a206ce09f933f2b81f2.jpg
7d5b3ff3a647eacd07430c7de950ef0e.jpg
2a3c1004b5429e7af88dc7e7a1755b61.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I guess I am lucky to live out in the country then. Like you I got out over 8000 feet and turned around because I was fighting a head wind and got nervous I would run out of battery. Just saying.

Reactions: phantom1972
Hi Doug,
You are about a half hour away from me so the distance is not an issue. Regardless of the kit you get, I would get those cables. I have learned that cables do not like tight bends. That's the issue I'm having right now.

Thanks Ed... sounds great and I sincerely appreciate your help .. :)

I'll order the order the DJI - Evo Kit Plus and set of the High Quality Antenna Cables RG402 (8.75" or 22cm) and contact you when it arrives...

Can you send me your contact info via private email and I'll respond...

Regards,
Doug

ps: Ed.. I just placed order on-line with Jake for both items above... I had to take out a second mortgage on the house to cover the cost of the exchange on the U.S. dollar against ours, plus shipping costs (let alone customs duties if they nail me on those too), so I hope this works well in my treed neighborhood. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Eloute
I guess I am lucky to live out in the country then. Like you I got out over 8000 feet and turned around because I was fighting a head wind and got nervous I would run out of battery. Just saying.

You are lucky it makes an enormous difference. I live in FL, and fly out on the beach, and inland. Up the beach, even with all the condos (the interference reaching the waterline must be minimal), I've seen 12,000' (Stock. P3P Weak signal prompted turn around) but agonizingly (for me) I haven't gotten to try my P4 out in this clean an environment. This is at altitudes below 200'. LOS when it's that flat is easy.

In land a bit, where I'm living now, I've seen ranges in the 2,500' range, in areas with large housing developments, at high enough altitudes where I know I'm still LOS not quite 400', but high. BIG DIFFERENCE. I'd say some of these areas really shouldn't be over flown. You can try and not be directly over dense tracts of houses, but it's hard. Obviously interference.

FOR MY P4: In directions where it's relatively non-residential, and no neighborhoods are ever below, I saw 1.5 miles (about 8,000'). And I was naughty. I had to go up to 700' to get there.

If there was little interference, why so much more range over the beach (12,000')? I'm figuring a little interference, but 700'/8000' will show an angle of about 5°. Pretty shallow. Was I really LOS? Probably not quite. Plus we are talking P3P vs P4. But over this same route I saw about the same with the P3P.

That's my range info. The 12,000' over the beach flight, was when I was really new, and was downwind! What an idiot. Only slightly downwind, but still... I got back but it died when I catch landed it -- ready to auto land in seconds.

LOS can be REALLY important. At 2,200', I was getting a strong signal at 200', and dropped lower to look at something. This area was modestly industrial, very little population. At 150', I lost the signal like a switch had been turned. I think I dropped below a wide concrete intervening building. It faithfully flew back and I quickly got the signal back.

But I learned that in anyplace with tree coverage, once you're 2,000' away (or less), you aren't going to get near the ground and get a signal. Clear LOS is BIG. HOW MUCH THESE ANTENNAS AND/OR BOOSTERS CAN HELP WITH THAT ("PENETRATATION") I'M CURIOUS ABOUT.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel