Maxx VS Terminator. Long distance antenna shootout!

Its well known from DBS users that panels cut through objects better than stock, so one of these two antennas IS going to help!

Wow, loving these tests.
Signal penetration should be interesting and going by the altitude you keep signal when landing 2-3 miles out I'm thinking should be pretty good ;)

So far it seems as if the Terminator might be a bit better. However it is almost twice the weight and more clumsy. Do question is whether itd worthcthe extra weight and cost for that little better signal. It really depends on whether its muvh better at ounching through trees or buildings. If i can go 2 miles and descend to 50 feet behind trees to take a picture then its worth everything. We would appreciate a test

I haven't tested enough to know if the terminator is better but I know when you own it you won't worry about the weight one bit it's a beautiful working antenna! I'm pretty sure just with my experience that you can drop down behind a few trees at 2 miles

Could you say the same about the Maxx Range ? I really dont want to buy 2 antennas . Its either the terminator or the Maxx Range .

Could you say the same about the Maxx Range ? I really dont want to buy 2 antennas . Its either the terminator or the Maxx Range .
Only flew that one flight w/ the Maxxrange, so keep posted here SK, more flights from me with both antennas will be posted here as well as other people who are getting their antennas in the mail as we speak. All of us live in different environments and will have different results under different flight condition so it'll be interesting to see how things work out for everybody. One thing I know is you're going to see a big improvement over your current set up with either one of these two antennas, they ARE game changers, and we should all be very excited about these[emoji41]

Again, I hope to be testing the Maxxrange this weekend against the FPVLRv2 (boosted 2w) in an area that I don't get much further than 5mi over residential property. I will try both unboosted and boosted.

Reactions: Jtrjr
Yup that's for sure. Now that we have the battery power to challenge the RC capability [emoji3]

Reactions: Jtrjr
Yup that's for sure. Now that we have the battery power to challenge the RC capability [emoji3]
Now we got battery problems/limitations, we need space age ****, solar power, plutonium, kryptonite I dont know. But in the meantime as long as we're flirting with disaster with no seconds to spare at least we know that we'll have signal the whole way and won't drop into some slow return to home mode with no FPV

Now we got battery problems/limitations, we need space age ****, solar power, plutonium, kryptonite I dont know. But in the meantime as long as we're flirting with disaster with no seconds to spare at least we know that we'll have signal the whole way and won't drop into some slow return to home mode with no FPV

Dirty and Ed,

You're both my heroes! What's next? Are we reaching the end? It's been awesome watching you guys push this to the end of the line.

Jerry

That would be sweet if the whole top of the phantom was a solar panel strong enough to charge them batteries while flying!!!..its bound to happen right?..with all these badass antennas they have now that get some serious mileage someones going to make something like that... would be amazing to keep going without the **** battery dying

Pizza way too heavy :)
VXHJFBZ.jpg

Reactions: Jfasig and dirtybum
Any one know somebody from Nasa. I know a few from Intel here in the valley. All I can get from them Intel is working on Drone also. But I'm thinking in a different class as in Military class.

Dirty and Ed,

You're both my heroes! What's next? Are we reaching the end? It's been awesome watching you guys push this to the end of the line.

Jerry
Jerry you couldn't be way more off base on that comment! All of us are just getting started, we're finally coming to a understanding about the stuff and it's going to be a great summer! Be sure to keep watching[emoji41]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31