Maximum flight distance for my P4P is 30 meters

THIS...from a recent thread worked for me to get the logs in a roundabout way from P4P+ to HealthyDrones

1) Sync flight logs from P4P+ controller to DJI cloud
2) Install DJI Go 4 App on mobile device, login with your DJI credentials and sync to the cloud to get your current flight logs onto your mobile device.
3) Install HD Sync on your mobile device (or another app like Litchi that supports DJI flight log imports... this is not supported on the P4P+ at this time.) and sync that app with healthydrones.com, effectively copying all of your flight logs to a place where you can view the data, and export the logs so that you can do as you please.

THIS...from a recent thread worked for me to get the logs in a roundabout way from P4P+ to HealthyDrones

1) Sync flight logs from P4P+ controller to DJI cloud
2) Install DJI Go 4 App on mobile device, login with your DJI credentials and sync to the cloud to get your current flight logs onto your mobile device.
3) Install HD Sync on your mobile device (or another app like Litchi that supports DJI flight log imports... this is not supported on the P4P+ at this time.) and sync that app with healthydrones.com, effectively copying all of your flight logs to a place where you can view the data, and export the logs so that you can do as you please.

Thanks wildturkeyway.

Reactions: wildturkeyway
OOO, your flight logs do not reveal the cause of your problems. Here are some things you could try:
  • If you haven't done so already, install the most recent firmware on your Phantom and remote controller.
  • If you are running the latest firmware, try downgrading to the previous version or completely roll the firmware back using the DJI Assistant 2 application.
  • If upgrading/downgrading the firmware does not help, then contact DJI support. You might be facing some kind of hardware issue.

Hi
Im having the same issue. All the info on screen battery, shutter, iso, etc but no video image and a red alert of NO SIGNAL. Ask for help ond DJI and they told me to turn on ONLY my RC, press C1 + C2 + Shutter button, sounds some bips. then turn it off and turn on RC + dron. Works fine for a few flights but it appears again.
Let me know if you solve it please!

Attachments

• IMG_9246.JPG
    IMG_9246.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 352
Hi

I have contacted my local dealer, and they have told me they will replace it, once the problem was confirmed by the DJI. Thus, I have sent it back to them and they sent it to the DJI for investigation. It may take 3-4 weeks to get the initial results. One more thing, my local dealer told me "we have tested the quad and confirmed the issue".

What was the flight distance for your case? I was not able to go beyond 30-35 meters due to loss of connection. After that point the quad activated RTH or auto-landing. Please be careful, once you have lost the connection the quad may show unexpected behaviors.

Yes, all possible calibrations were done before flight including IMU, Magnet, RC, Aircraft, Gimbal, Sticks, Vision sensors... All firmware were the latest one. No error message until loss of connection.

One thing no-one has mentioned. I see in your first screenshot that you were in 5.8g frequency. Did you ever try 2.4g ? 5.8g has a far shorter range although I realise not that short but it would have been interesting to know if it disconnected also in 2.4g the same

Hi

Please have a look attached screen capture taken from RC screen during my first flight with my P4P. I keep getting “no signal” error on the RC screen. Everything is OK during take-off but when the quad travels approximately 20-30 meters in any direction it shows “no signal” alert on the screen (please find attached screen capture). The weather was good and I had a good GPS signal during all flights. Whenever it shows “no signal” alert on the screen the quad either try to land wherever it is, or returns to home. My maximum flight distance was 30-32 meters. I was not able to go beyond this limit since one of the landing options mentioned above was automatically activated by the quad. Most of the time I was able to re-control the quad by moving close to it or during RTH when the distance between RC and the quad fell below 15-20 meters. But in my last flight (distance 34 meter, height 19 m) the quad behaved differently. At 32-meter distance, it moved away from home point and disappeared very fast. I run in the same direction and tried to locate it. 3-5 minutes later while we were searching for it (500 meters away from home point) it suddenly appeared over us. It was flying towards home point location and it was very fast. When we got there, the quad had already landed and everything was OK on visual inspection except some minor scratches. I have video and flight data for all flights. But for the last flight there was no any recorded data (video or flight) after 1 minute and 10 seconds of flying. This is the point when the quad lost the control and moved away from us.

Thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions.

I have tried both frequencies. In addition, I think 5.8 should be fine within 30-40 meters. Thanks for comment,

Yes, all possible calibrations were done before flight including IMU, Magnet, RC, Aircraft, Gimbal, Sticks, Vision sensors... All firmware were the latest one. No error message until loss of connection.
Ok then this must be hardware problem. If you know someone with a compatible remote you may try changing remote to narrow thw problem down.

I agree with you. It is probably a remote controller issue. Unfortunately, I have already sent it to DJI.

Hi

Please have a look attached screen capture taken from RC screen during my first flight with my P4P. I keep getting “no signal” error on the RC screen. Everything is OK during take-off but when the quad travels approximately 20-30 meters in any direction it shows “no signal” alert on the screen (please find attached screen capture). The weather was good and I had a good GPS signal during all flights. Whenever it shows “no signal” alert on the screen the quad either try to land wherever it is, or returns to home. My maximum flight distance was 30-32 meters. I was not able to go beyond this limit since one of the landing options mentioned above was automatically activated by the quad. Most of the time I was able to re-control the quad by moving close to it or during RTH when the distance between RC and the quad fell below 15-20 meters. But in my last flight (distance 34 meter, height 19 m) the quad behaved differently. At 32-meter distance, it moved away from home point and disappeared very fast. I run in the same direction and tried to locate it. 3-5 minutes later while we were searching for it (500 meters away from home point) it suddenly appeared over us. It was flying towards home point location and it was very fast. When we got there, the quad had already landed and everything was OK on visual inspection except some minor scratches. I have video and flight data for all flights. But for the last flight there was no any recorded data (video or flight) after 1 minute and 10 seconds of flying. This is the point when the quad lost the control and moved away from us.

Thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions.
Is only a bug of old version of dji go app 4.0.4
..you will have to reset the memory of the phone and restart the app, and then make a new setup :)

Is only a bug of old version of dji go app 4.0.4
..you will have to reset the memory of the phone and restart the app, and then make a new setup :)

Thanks. As I mentioned above DJI has already replaced my P4P.

Hi

Please have a look attached screen capture taken from RC screen during my first flight with my P4P+.
If you are still following this thread, what is the correct key combination to do a screen capture on the P4P+?

i didnt read all the posts but mine stopped short this morning, i landed, without turning it off , i took off again, went up 2-300 ft before horizonal flight and it did fine??

what is the correct key combination to do a screen capture on the P4P+?
Swipe down from the top of the screen and click "Capture". I don't think it's possible to do it with a key combination.

Reactions: Tommy J 111
Swipe down from the top of the screen and click "Capture". I don't think it's possible to do it with a key combination.
Thank you. It's been 6 months since I've had a P4P+, and I knew I was able to do it, but had forgotten how. A current P4P+ owner on another thread was asking. Once captured, what's the best way to get the screen capture off the device? Gmail?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik