Maximum distance

No ... as standard - many people only get that sort of distance ...

Spec's say 500m in CE region, 1000m in FAA region ... at best.

Nigel

Reactions: Barry of Orange
What is the likely maximum distance (if max distance is disabled) before the controller loses contact (given an elevated position with line of sight unimpeded and remote location)?
And if control is lost does the drone automatically go into RTH?
Roger

Environment also plays a big factor. My P3S will only go about 400 meters in town because of trees and interference from Wi-Fi. Out in the middle of nowhere it goes 1,200 to 1,300 meters stock, or 2,500 meters with a $3 "windsurfer" on the antenna.

RTH will kick in if the signal is lost, assuming you have it set to do that.

What is the likely maximum distance (if max distance is disabled) before the controller loses contact (given an elevated position with line of sight unimpeded and remote location)?
And if control is lost does the drone automatically go into RTH?
Roger
I flew 809 meters with clear area all around with mine. At that distance the video transmission signal said it was weak a few times so I chickened out and came back closer.

Environment also plays a big factor.

Absolutely!!!

At my house.... my record is 4000 feet, staying under the 400 foot limit. And that's with a DBS panel. My neighborhood is completely flooded with wifi.

3 blocks away, at my local park, on a very large lake I hit over 2 miles over the water, no problem. Zero wifi in that area. Signal wasn't the problem. It was still fine and wanted to keep going, but the battery said, NOPE, not today... let's return home.

At my house.... my record is 4000 feet, staying under the 400 foot limit. And that's with a DBS panel. My neighborhood is completely flooded with wifi.

I also have the DBS and get about 4000' feet outside my house. Maybe a little more when I really want to concern my neighbors and fly from the roof. Lol

When I fly from the high school out over agricultural fields I can easily double that range 8000'+ untill I hit another neighborhood. [emoji58]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1