Maximum Altitude 300FT Then Returns to Home?

Reaction score
Hi Again,

Took my new P2V+ V3 out yesterday for a flight and only got to 300 feet then it entered return to home mode. My previous P2V could get to over 500 feet before it lost connection. Does it just depend on where you fly etc I flew yesterday in a mini park. Though when I got to over 500 feet previously I was on the beach. Just curious to see if every flight is totally different when it comes to altitude does it depend on where you fly and location etc etc?

Cheers
Mark

The major factor influencing range is the geometry ofthe angles between your Phantom's antennas and the Tx antenna.
You'll find that changing the angles will have a significant influence on your range. There are angles that just make it hard to get a good signal.
Try adjusting the angle of tour Tx antenna and wifi booster and rotating your Phantom or climbing to see how that changes things.

Reactions: markinchelsea
are you near an airport?!

What power level setting are you using on the RC? If set to FCC you will get much better distance than CE (section 5.8 in the manual)

What power level setting are you using on the RC? If set to FCC you will get much better distance than CE (section 5.8 in the manual)
It is on CE mode I have previously tried FCC mode but it still loses connection around 300 feet.

You will want to keep it in FCC mode if you are in the US. Make sure the side of antenna is pointing towards bird and not the tip.

Reactions: markinchelsea
Two things, check the assistant software and see what limits you have set. I have mine at 400 Ft. To comply with FCC requirements and she stops at that altitude. Do you get message that maximum altitude reached or Lost Connection, returning home? 2nd item turn your antenna out 45 degrees to the left or right and see if you maintain connection then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic