Max Winds for P4P Flights

25-30mph is not bad as long as it's not gusting badly... and as long as it's not your first flight... I did find Mavic flyable
In SPORT mode once in 40G45-50mph with some planning and not over any distance. Went to 100ft AGL for a brief test. But it will do it. P4P should do the same.

It all depends on what you want to do, particularly how far you intend to fly and what direction relative to the wind.
If you are only needing to fly close or upwind, the Phantom can handle more wind than you'd expect, although launching and landing may be tricky.
But if you want to fly quite a distance downwind, you'd better be careful as RTH is a slow driver and slow RTH + a strong headwind = lost drone.

Here's a shot I took this week quite a distance out with true winds at 19 knots (22 mph)
I only went out because the return flight would not involve fighting a headwind coming home.
DJI_0295aa-X2.jpg

People tend to over-estimate wind speeds.
Away from shelter, the wind felt strong enough that few people would even consider flying in those conditions.
You have some amazing pics!

It all depends on what you want to do, particularly how far you intend to fly and what direction relative to the wind.
If you are only needing to fly close or upwind, the Phantom can handle more wind than you'd expect, although launching and landing may be tricky.
But if you want to fly quite a distance downwind, you'd better be careful as RTH is a slow driver and slow RTH + a strong headwind = lost drone.

Here's a shot I took this week quite a distance out with true winds at 19 knots (22 mph)
I only went out because the return flight would not involve fighting a headwind coming home.
DJI_0295aa-X2.jpg

People tend to over-estimate wind speeds.
Away from shelter, the wind felt strong enough that few people would even consider flying in those conditions.

This looks like a RAN Collins class diesel electric boat based out of Stirling in near Perth in Western AU. Don't know which one though.
The lighter colored bulging panels on the hull are part of the distributed passive sonar system, and that wire-frame structure on the stern is the towed array sonar.

Awesome pic!

Reactions: David Cooke

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3