Max wind for Phantom Vision is...

Reaction score
FYI, according to DJI Support, they say the maximum wind resistance for the Phantom Vision is 8m per second. That equates to 17.8 mph.

Wanted to share this so that others know, as I remember it a topic of recent conversation. So, I wouldn't risk flying in winds greater than 15mph as it maybe tough to get the Phantom back.

With this knowledge, you can use the windfinder app or a similar app for your phone.

I have a cheap digital anemometer in my flight case which I use as a sanity check if the conditions seem "sporting". I use a rule of thumb of wind speed at 400ft >= 1.5 x wind speed at ground level - don't forget gusts. I have flown with wind on the ground averaging in the mid-teens mph and the GPS hold did an admirable job (the Vision sits at an interesting angle!) but I personally wouldn't take the Vision higher than two hundred feet or so if wind speeds are averaging anywhere near high teens, and I would always fly upwind at a low height before climbing. That way if the winds aloft are way outside limits she's being blown back towards you whilst you descend out of the poop!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl