Mavic Manuel focus?

S

sandman259

So I'm confused on how this manual focus thing works. Is it only for taking pictures? Tap on the screen to focus it...or is it for video too and have to constantly tap on the screen as you fly or it's gonna be blurry? That seems annoying if that's the case[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You need to set the focus every time you start the Mavic. The focus is used for both videos and photos. Unless the focus is set to infinity (like the Phantom 4), you might have to tap the screen multiple times throughout the flight as you're focusing on objects at different distances.

FYI, there is a dedicated Mavic forum over at MavicPilots.com.

You need to set the focus every time you start the Mavic. The focus is used for both videos and photos. Unless the focus is set to infinity (like the Phantom 4), you might have to tap the screen multiple times throughout the flight as you're focusing on objects at different distances.

FYI, there is a dedicated Mavic forum over at MavicPilots.com.

Set to infinity?

That's probably what most flights will require -- unless you're trying to take a selfie or focus on something else nearby. To set the focus to infinity, tap a point in the sky.

Reactions: Falcon900
maybe they need another wheel on the remote for focusing. Tapping is a crappy way to focus for video. That being said, shallow depth of field has little or no use for aerial video that I can imagine given current technologies.

You can setup the C1/C2 button to focus at the center of the screen.

You can setup the C1/C2 button to focus at the center of the screen.
I meant more for control of focus and being able to do gradual focus changes.

To bad they don't have a auto focus option on it for us guys that don't want to mess with manual focusing...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31