maui....

Reaction score
Getting on a plane right now, headed to Maui P3 in my backpack. Will be posting pics and vids in here through out my trip, Plan is to have the wife drive the car as I fly down the cost line.! Wish I had more than one battery. Ha thanks DJI!

looking forward to see what you come up with. Beautiful island.

I'm wearing a Maui shirt right now! Have a good trip. Looking forward to the pics and vids.

Getting on a plane right now, headed to Maui P3 in my backpack. Will be posting pics and vids in here through out my trip, Plan is to have the wife drive the car as I fly down the cost line.! Wish I had more than one battery. Ha thanks DJI!
Being I will never get to go there ya better share some good ones !! :cool:
Have a safe trip !

I tried everything I could the last two days to find an Nvidia shield so I could live stream. Had no luck. Haven't been able to get it to work on the wife's 6+ either. Maybe while I'm there it will start to work.

Reactions: Fplvert
Have lunch or dinner at Cool Cat Cafe in Lahaina. Mmm.

Road to Hana, great waterfalls! Have fun Julius.

image.jpg
Yes, the two places I'd love to fly on Maui are part of the Haleakala National Park. I might chance Ohe'o Gulch with a backpack though, the waterfall is a couple of miles from the park.

Reactions: dirkclod
...headed to Maui P3 in my backpack...

I love flying while someone is driving!! It's by far my favorite way to fly and film.

2nd: If you don't have a GoPro go buy one ASAP! The underwater photography is amazing. As good or better than the aerial you will take. If you are staying in South Maui there is a public beach at Makena Golf Resort that has a great reef in front of it. It starts about 30 yds off the beach and wraps around the left side. You can snorkel all the way to Big Beach if you desire. I got a ton of great video and photos of turtles and 4 diff kind of eel. No idea how many diff kind of fish. All of this starts 2 mim swin off the beach and keep to the left side. You can't miss it and I highly suggest it.

If you can take the "sunset cruze" on a catamaran and area good flyer they take you off around some islands that would be great filming.

I wouldn't waste time filming Kapalua golf course if you are a golfer. It's not as pretty as one would think. I have played it and just trying to save you some time.

However Wailea golf course is just off Makena Alanui Rd in South Maui and the flowers on that road and that course would be really cool IMO. If you take that road all the way past big beach there beautiful lava fields and shore line that is accessible by hiking, OR by UAV.. I prefer the second but sometimes you need the hike and the UAV to get the best footage.

Just a heads up. I'm sure you know the national park rule and people are getting around it by lifting off outside national parks and flying over.. On that note

Wow.. honestly all these things keep popping in my head that would be cool. Tell you what. Have a great trip and stay busy! **Make sure you have a charged battery every sunrise and sunset

...Maybe while I'm there it will start to work.
WHAT.. You are going to Maui...!!! Stop what you are doing this second. Go to BestBuy and buy an iPad Air 2. You have 2 weeks to return it. You have to fly FPV! Also, Be sure you are comfortable overriding or disabling RTH. When you are flying while someone is driving and you have flown for 5 miles and your drone decides to RTH because the battery is very low but you want that last shot.. At that very moment what you are feeling is PANIC :eek:

Ahhh yes sweet sweet maui.

Love this island. Come here twice a year. First time with the drone!!!!

Reactions: Advexure
u should get even in Kauai that would be greater than Maui for pics / videos

i ll be there latest days of sept , doing the Na Pali by feet, by kayak and by drone ;)

I have the perfect balcony overlooking the ocean here in kihei. Got both my hero 4 blacks and drone topping off on power right now.

A bit windy here steady 15mph some pretty big gusts also. But nothing the p3 can't handle !

Mahalo

Last edited:
Reactions: Advexure
We love it here. Me and the wife do 2 trips a year. No kids haha. Got married here also. This trip we should be buying a summer home. That's our plan!

Pics coming soon!

So this is kind of tripping me out. Randomly during flight it tells me it's 24,000+ feet away.

Attachments

• 20150514_173718.jpg
    20150514_173718.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 536
couple boring ones

Attachments

• DJI_0009.jpg
    DJI_0009.jpg
    498.8 KB · Views: 424
  • DJI_0013.jpg
    DJI_0013.jpg