Master Airscrew props

Reaction score
Anyone tried and recommend these?

I wonder what they mean by "built in nut"? Is this an embedded metal nut?
Original DJI propellers have a "built in nut" moulded into the plastic. This is also very slightly tapered making it self locking when you tighten the propeller onto the metal motor shaft.
Metal to metal would not be good if that is what these have.

Anyone tried and recommend these?
Looks interesting and a decent price. Reviews on their site look good. I might get some and try them.

I have a set on my P3S. They work perfectly. Mine came with adapters that you install on P4 drones so that you can screw on just like the P3. I think that is what the built in nut refers to. These props can be used on both P3 and P4 drones.

Chris

Reactions: Rickster565
I have the orange sets on both my FC40 & P3A .... they are quieter than the DJI original props and i believe have improved performance overall.

Have hundreds of flights on them with zero complaints.

Last edited:
Can I see a picture inside the locating nut please? Is it just moulded plastic or is there an actual "insert"?

Certainly a very good price but at the moment I still have two complete sets of originals so not in a hurry.........

I fly MAS props and love them. They are better all round in my opinion and I fly them on all 5 of my DJI drones!

Reactions: Rickster565
In that case Max, could you take a picture of the threaded part of the prop please?

In that case Max, could you take a picture of the threaded part of the prop please?
Here’s mine.
F02BF53E-68A6-46BE-8E91-223B3E5BAAF0.jpeg

Thanks for that Chrislaf. So there is an insert metal nut.

Might want to look a bit closely at the RH one, small crack?
IMG_7728.jpg

Thanks for that Chrislaf. So there is an insert metal nut.

Might want to look a bit closely at the RH one, small crack?
View attachment 119132
No crack, just a mould line. I double checked. The top piece may be metal but I’m not sure.

Here’s a top photo.
13C7C267-6332-4790-9ABB-052FF747B479.jpeg

I have only had the props for about a month and so far they have been flawless.

I don’t really know if they are quieter than DJIs props but I needed to swap out my DJI on s as they were getting old and I didn’t want to wait until I had a failure in the air.

Just ordered a set of MAS props for my Spark to try out.

Chris

No crack, just a mould line. I double checked. The top piece may be metal but I’m not sure.

Here’s a top photo.
View attachment 119133
I have only had the props for about a month and so far they have been flawless.

I don’t really know if they are quieter than DJIs props but I needed to swap out my DJI on s as they were getting old and I didn’t want to wait until I had a failure in the air.

Just ordered a set of MAS props for my Spark to try out.

Chris
Getting old? How old?

Getting old? How old?
More than a year of frequent use in hot summer weather and cold winter weather (-23C). Plus I just wanted to try them out since they get good reviews on here.

Chris

It doesn't seems to me so long. I have mine in use more than two years. I don't think that DJI have specifications about props for how long they should be in use. If there is no visible cracks or other damage they should be just fine much longer than a year.

They certainly look nice but as I said in post #2, metal to metal threads are not a good way to get a secure lock. Can't tell whether those inserts are metal or not, black (am I allowed to say that) metal? Maybe they are a harder plastic insert? Again the DJI prop locations are an integral part of the moulding.

Yes Andy9, my props are years old on my P3A. Just check them all the time for hairline cracks. Even worth getting a dye-pen kit to check for these.

They certainly look nice but as I said in post #2, metal to metal threads are not a good way to get a secure lock. Can't tell whether those inserts are metal or not, black (am I allowed to say that) metal? Maybe they are a harder plastic insert? Again the DJI prop locations are an integral part of the moulding.

Yes Andy9, my props are years old on my P3A. Just check them all the time for hairline cracks. Even worth getting a dye-pen kit to check for these.
Just the top portion may be metal but the bottom is plastic just like DJIs. Most of the prop shaft is in the plastic with only the top in the metal piece.

Chris

Good stuff, I'll give them a go when I need some. Still with my DJI oldies but goodies.
Just ordered a dye-penetrant crack testing kit to be even more certain they're in good shape.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic