Master Airscrew Props

Reaction score
If anyone was on the fence about trying the MA P4 props; don't be. They work as well as advertised. I have been testing them on my P4P. I estimate that they are AT LEAST 25% Quieter; which is all i wanted. I am not sure about the extended battery life that people claim. I didn't track battery data. Much quieter and I have flown them exclusively for my last 10 flights. No problems. In stock on Amazon for $19.99 US.

Are these props quick disconnect? Can't quite tell from their installation video.

Not sure I'd give up the quick release feature of stock props for the quieter sound.

Reactions: RémyHeli
Did you closely check their balance? I tried two sets of carbon fiber props last year and half of them were way out of balance while DJI props were always in perfect balance. If so, I'll sure try a set.
Thanks
Jim
WA5TEF

Did you closely check their balance? I tried two sets of carbon fiber props last year and half of them were way out of balance while DJI props were always in perfect balance. If so, I'll sure try a set.
Thanks
Jim
WA5TEF
Half of them. . . So one out of the whole two sets you tried ?

At best, 7% increase in runtime at hover, not huge. Now take it out, fly it with Litchi on a specific mission, using the same battery after recharge and cool off. Then things should really show, with all the averaging of flight, hover is only obbe aspect of flight. How about speed, climb rate, and cruise?
Sound wise, well, it looked a wash.

Half of them. . . So one out of the whole two sets you tried ?
Yes! I put the four balanced props on for a couple of flights and couldn't tell any difference. I even compared them to DJI props in a weight lifting test and both were almost the same, even in sport mode.
Jim
WA5TEF

Jim is not a newbee and certainly expected more obvious difference. Stock blades are already well performing in P4 manufacturing context so difficult to beat. NeverMindYourOwn video highlithing tiny differences but not huge.

Reactions: WilliamDa13th X
Thanks
Jim
WA5TEF
Where did you find Master Airscrew carbon fiber props for p4? I have not seen any. My experience is totally opposite dji props were out of balance out of the box. Never had a master airscrew not balance out of the box. I think balancing props is drastically overlooked by most people and is a leading cause of cracks in the airframe. No matter which prop you use you should regularly check the balance.

Reactions: JetLife
Yes! Prop balance is crucial. I did get the carbon fiber props using small pieces of clear tape but I didn't like them. I got mine from AMAZON. Good price and free shipping.
Jim
WA5TEF

Jim is not a newbee and certainly expected more obvious difference. Stock blades are already well performing in P4 manufacturing context so difficult to beat. NeverMindYourOwn video highlithing tiny differences but not huge.

For my personal preference, I like the MA blades better than stock on my P4P. I have over 15 flights on them now; including a confidence-building 4.2 mile round trip yesterday on Litchi. I just needed something quieter and they are.

I have been flying large scale RC airplanes and Helis for over 25 years so I am used to Master Airscrew products and have never had a problem with their gear.

Last edited:
For my personal preference, I like the MA blades better than stock on my P4P. I have over 15 flights on them now; including a confidence-building 4.2 mile round trip yesterday on Litchi. I just needed something quieter and they are.

I have been flying large scale RC airplanes and Helis for over 25 years so I am used to Master Airscrew products and have never had a problem with their gear.

I like the ma props for the p4 and never had a problem with them being balanced.

Reactions: JetLife
Where did you find Master Airscrew carbon fiber props for p4? I have not seen any. My experience is totally opposite dji props were out of balance out of the box. Never had a master airscrew not balance out of the box. I think balancing props is drastically overlooked by most people and is a leading cause of cracks in the airframe. No matter which prop you use you should regularly check the balance.
Agreed.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl