Marriage Proposal

Reaction score
I had a great time this evening videoing a marriage proposal on Mt. Bonnell in Austin, TX.
Here are a couple of frame grabs from the video.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Nice! I suppose it wasn't a surprise otherwise the 'buzz' from the phantom would have been annoying that close

That place sure brings back fond memories. I went to high school in Austin in the late 70's, and that was the premier "parking" place to go on a date! LOL yeah I show my age by just using the term "parking" without having to actually say the decade... Hippy Hollow, Windy Point all were the spots to go after racing out on FM 2222 using all four lanes in my 69 Z-28 to get there. I sure do miss that area. Graduated from Texas State in "82", and after viewing your post, I am going to plan a trip to travel out there (live in Houston), bring my "P2V+ & Inspire-1" & film some of the areas that were some of the best times & definitely best scenery I've ever seen in this state!
Thanks for turning my memory gears turning!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: loganboyd
That place sure brings back fond memories. I went to high school in Austin in the late 70's, and that was the premier "parking" place to go on a date! LOL yeah I show my age by just using the term "parking" without having to actually say the decade... Hippy Hollow, Windy Point all were the spots to go after racing out on FM 2222 using all four lanes in my 69 Z-28 to get there. I sure do miss that area. Graduated from Texas State in "82", and after viewing your post, I am going to plan a trip to travel out there (live in Houston), bring my "P2V+ & Inspire-1" & film some of the areas that were some of the best times & definitely best scenery I've ever seen in this state!
Thanks for turning my memory gears turning!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ditto -- except mine goes back to the early sixties HOOKEM HORNS!

Hippy Hollow

WOW, that's a blast from the past! We used go to Hippy Hollow, (Lake Travis) from Ft. Hood on weekends. The "scenery" was exceptional..;)
It was supposed to be a no-fly zone for military from Robert Grey Airfield but the **** warrant officers coming back from Nam would do strafing runs up and down the beach in Huey's.... to see the aforementioned, "scenery". LMAO
I know first hand cause I was required to be in the chopper as mech. doing vibe checks after servicing the turbine. :eek:

VERY cool shots BTW....
Thanks for sharing and bringing back some very good memories.

BOT

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic