March 7th, NEW P4P Firmware V 01.03.0418

Upgraded P4P this morning using the GO4 app on my iPad Air 2. It sat on 99% finished for about 10 minutes and then completed the update no problem. The AFC seems cool but I wonder about the ISO 500 for DLOG. Does anyone have any knowledge about the effects of this? They claim higher dynamic range, but it seems that the ISO would add so much noise the image would be unusable and then there's the matter of getting to the sweet spot for 4k/30 video. Not sure my filters will do that and how would my video look? I'd go try it but the wind blowing a little stiff. Maybe tomorrow.

Refer to this post:

D-log 500 ISO

Reactions: Eddyfisher
Finally got the Pro+ RC to update, couldn't do it over the web because "Update Package Broken. Download again?", and couldn't do it with local install and SD card because "Update Failed. Error code: 800". It seems the Android Installer has trouble with large SD cards and/or exFAT formatting, once I used a 2Gig card formatted FAT32 all went well.

Also went to DJI site and the Assistant 2 links now work and I was able to get 1.1.0, but I am afraid to install it for fear of forced sensor calibration which may have some issue?

Also went to DJI site and the Assistant 2 links now work and I was able to get 1.1.0, but I am afraid to install it for fear of forced sensor calibration which may have some issue?
I haven't read of any cases of a forced vision sensor calibration as a result of the update (?)

I haven't read of any cases of a forced vision sensor calibration as a result of the update (?)

Sorry smiller, I was confused by a few posts I saw earlier. They seemed to imply that after an upgrade they either tried to, or were prompted, to do a vision sensor calibration and then couldn't move the process forward in the thread link below.

P4P Calibration "Please reboot the aircraft." help

Geez, this is why Dji will never will be anything but a provider of advanced toys, their own company is the bottle neck, always the same story over and over again, they never learn.
Even for a 10k Inspire they provide the same amateurish service, still they refer to their products as "pro"
If the word "pro" was the only thing required to be Pro, then we would all be pros :tearsofjoy:
Probably didn't fix those things because they are hardware not software.

Do you guys know if with this NFZ update - can it be modified/customized/turned on off? DJI is becoming overly cautious with no fly zones that often do not align with Part 107 legal airspace and if you have a waiver, etc. to fly. I want to update to the latest software, just want to make sure it doesn't mean my bird won't be able to fly on a job where I have actual permission from FAA to fly!
They also put up temp NFZ and don't take them down. I had one in Philly for a football game new years day, it was supposed to expire 6 pm Jan 1....it was still up 10 days ago. After 25 emails they finally removed it.

- Updated No-Fly Zone Management.
- Added lock gimbal function to fix the gimbal to its current position.
- Added AFC function to support continuous auto focus when switching between scenes.
- Upgraded D-Log color mode to extend dynamic range.
This definitely looks like an update I want, I didn't see it today however when I flew. I'll have to check again when I have some free time this weekend. On a side note, I've had mine a month now and have been applying old battery break in standards but with these newer batteries it doesn't seem necessary. Can somebody knowledgeable weigh in?

I updated the bird earlier today and just now went to do an IMU and gimbal calibration and the Go app reported I needed to update the firmware, which seemed odd given I'd already done that, but when I clicked on the message it reported that I needed to update the RC firmware so I did that from the Go app. At some point it also mentioned needing to update the database for geo fencing I presume so I think I got it to do that to, but the messaging in the Go app is really sh!ty and I can't say for sure if it took or not. I took a picture of the "about' page in the Go app and here's what I get after all the updates:

App 4.0.4
Version 01.03.0418
Remote Control 01.04.00.00
Aircraft Database 0.0.1.4
App Database 00.00.01.04

Brian

It may not be so much a bug in the firmware as there having been some (poorly announced, if at all, per DJI SOP) changes made that affect the way the SDK integrates. If this is the case then Litchi and Autopilot will be the ones that have to react.

Agree. Those apps are written to use DJI code and not the other way around. When Apple or Microsoft update their OS and they break things (he'll MICROSOFT updates break app integration ALL THE TIME. Developers have to rewrite their code. Yes DJI changing their firmware (code) creates some incompatibility but they aren't responsible for third party app companies trying to integrate with DJIs control system. That's life in the software business folks!

P4P+ BeginMode-only, shooting "stills" only;
Reading many moans about this firmware update;
Thinking I should hold off until all updating reports are positive...?
What highly desirable improvements will this tech-challenged
newbie be missing out on for next month or so...?
Thanks in advance!

P4P+ update not working on my remote controller on SD card or download method. Getting error "Update Failed. Error code: 800" using SD and "Update Package Broken. Download again?" via download method. Anyone get the RC update to work?
Yes, was getting the exact same message and could NOT update controller...dji wanted me to send my p4p+ in for repair, almost did, and then found a fix from YouTube. You must format your micro sd card before trying to upgrade firmware for your controller. Power up your controller and bird. Press go fly. When your black screen comes up on the display, scroll down to the bottom and press format sd card. THEN you can update firmware for your p4p+ controller, via the download method.

Last edited:
Why not just make it simple and connect the Phantom directly to the computer via USB and use the DJI Assistant to update it all?

I did a flight yesterday and that was after updating the firmware of both the bird and the RC as well as updating the geo fencing database. When I powered up I got a message about needing to update the database again so it's not real clear to me if, in fact, the update I did a couple days ago took. The thing is, DJI's messages are really sh!ty and it's often hard to know if something that needs to be done actually gets done -- the messaging from DJI just doesn't clear that up.

There is some pretty amazing software at work in DJI drones so they are clearly capable of writing great code, but all too often these administrative tasks are not so well thought out.

Brian

P4P+ update not working on my remote controller on SD card or download method. Getting error "Update Failed. Error code: 800" using SD and "Update Package Broken. Download again?" via download method. Anyone get the RC update to work?
Full update no problem.

I did a full update via the controller and only issue I had was the first flights after update would not load to Healthy Drone. The next day's flights and others since have. Email HD and they got back to me right away, they are really good about replying to emails BTW.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl