Mapping with the P4P+ (pro)

Reaction score
I need help. I'm sorry if this has been posted but it is a work day for me with little time spare and I am trying to find the quickest and easiest way to assist client who has asked me to provide a survey type map of a rural property.

It is quite large and marked as to the boundaries in some areas - They have issues with their neighbour who they believe is slowly encroaching upon their property so would like to take a snapshot of the current situation either visually or mapped, to be able to compare to the same representation at a later at date.

As I have a phantom for with the fixed screen I am not able to use third-party apps such as Litchi.

Can anybody assist with the simplest and easiest way to provide at the very least GPS coordinates (longitudinal latitude) of the boundaries? Would it simply be a matter of flying around the property with the camera pointing straight down and taking snapshots at each boundary edge point, using the meta data of each photograph to obtain the GPS info

They have little to no budget so to be able to get in and out this in the cheapest possible way.

Reactions: dronemsp
I need help. I'm sorry if this has been posted but it is a work day for me with little time spare and I am trying to find the quickest and easiest way to assist client who has asked me to provide a survey type map of a rural property.

It is quite large and marked as to the boundaries in some areas - They have issues with their neighbour who they believe is slowly encroaching upon their property so would like to take a snapshot of the current situation either visually or mapped, to be able to compare to the same representation at a later at date.

As I have a phantom for with the fixed screen I am not able to use third-party apps such as Litchi.

Can anybody assist with the simplest and easiest way to provide at the very least GPS coordinates (longitudinal latitude) of the boundaries? Would it simply be a matter of flying around the property with the camera pointing straight down and taking snapshots at each boundary edge point, using the meta data of each photograph to obtain the GPS info

They have little to no budget so to be able to get in and out this in the cheapest possible way.
You can easily take snapshots but for mapping you are out of luck with the P4 pro+.
In nearly a year since it was released, no-one has been able to load 3rd party apps to do the sort of thing you want.

Mapping is reasonably easy but Litchi won't help.
It requires software like DroneDeploy.
I gave a description of how it works here:
Starting a new construction project

thanks so much for your input guys

Is it possible to simply take 1 overhead shot that covers the whole area and get GPS data for certain points in that image?

This is the area that needs the points mapped (this is from Google earth)

10728051.png

Attachments

• 10728051.png
    10728051.png
    4 MB · Views: 414
thanks so much for your input guys

Is it possible to simply take 1 overhead shot that covers the whole area and get GPS data for certain points in that image?

This is the area that needs the points mapped (this is from Google earth)

10728051.png
If you do do that, it would not be as detailed and you would not be able to get as much data. There is a way to get DroneDeploy if you wanted to. (Click Here)

Ive got a P4P remote that I've been using for two months now and I'm desperately looking for a P4P+ Remote. Please let know if you want to sell it or swop with a difference. I'm not interested in any 3rd party apps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31